Expats in Melaka.

Old Nov 25th 2007, 10:06 am
Just Joined

John0956 is on a distinguished road
Default Expats in Melaka.

My wife and I are planning to move to Melaka under the MM2H scheme next year. Are their any expats in melaka we could talk to?
Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:53 am
Just Joined

RobSg is just really niceRobSg is just really niceRobSg is just really niceRobSg is just really niceRobSg is just really niceRobSg is just really niceRobSg is just really niceRobSg is just really nice
Default Re: Expats in Melaka.

Hi-
I am not sure if I will be in Malaka, but since it is fairly close to Singapore, it is a definite option. I'm a Permanent Resident from Singapore currently living outside Singapore (Amman, Jordan) but strongly considering the MM2H program like you (I'm 61). I am getting two different guidelines and not sure which one is correct, so if you can clarify that, I'd appreciate it. there are two choices (as I read it on the website): Either you deposit 150,000 Malaysian Ringiit in a bank in Malaysia OR you show evidence of at least 10,000 Ringiit of pension money each month. However, there seems to be a new entry on the website that requires you to deposit 150,000 Ringiit AND show evidence of a pension plan. Do you hapen to know what the exact rule is? Bothe of these seems to conflict.

Thanks- and I hope you have a very easy transition to Malaka. I've been there many times.

Sincerely,
Rob
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:56 am
Just Joined

i have replies from a number of agents and they seem to read the rules differently. Most agree its either cash in bank or income from pensions. However several say that the cash in bank is king. The pension income can only be state pensions, they dont like private. There is an additional cash requirement. you have to prove you are solvent. This requires a further RM 500,000 in cash, deposits or bonds. This does not have to be in malaysia.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

RobSg is just really niceRobSg is just really niceRobSg is just really niceRobSg is just really niceRobSg is just really niceRobSg is just really niceRobSg is just really niceRobSg is just really nice

Hi,
Thank you for the info. Forgive me if I am asking these questions, but you are in a pretty good position to answer them.

You mentioned that you received comments from a number of agents. How do you know which agent to accept to work on your retirement visa, and would you be able to recommend one?

Are you a little concerned that you are not able to even work part-time in Malaysia? That's the only draw back as I see it. However, I am a permanent resident in Singapore and would be able to work intermittently in Singapore, but I do want to contribute somewhat to Malaysia, also.

Regards,
Rob
Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

I dont know which one to use yet. We are still at the exploring stage. I have not the slightest wish to work in malaysia, we are retired and its payback time.
Our greatest problem is getting estate agents to reply to us so that we can buy a house form them. No one seems interested in Melaka.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

I know of an Aussie expat lives in Seremban who is involved in trying to get folks to go to live in Port Dickson, just up the coast from Melaka (new spelling to me). He is employed by the government I think and is a former accountant

I have got to look for his details but will get back in touch as soon as possible
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Thanks. Melaka is Malay spelling, Malacca is western.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

Go to Virtual Tourist website and look up Seremban.

Search for members who also have been to Australia and the person I know of I believe is listed there. He is married to a Malay Indian lady and has posted items on eating out in Seremban from what I remember

Do a posting there in any event as I may be wrong about the identity but I know I had info from the person I am thinking of.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful but I do not know where I filed the e-mails (I have changed internet provider since I last wrote to him)

Melaka was the first place I had ice cream and sweetcorn together, and last!!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 6:38 am
Just Joined

LizBorneo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John0956
i have replies from a number of agents and they seem to read the rules differently. Most agree its either cash in bank or income from pensions. However several say that the cash in bank is king. The pension income can only be state pensions, they dont like private. There is an additional cash requirement. you have to prove you are solvent. This requires a further RM 500,000 in cash, deposits or bonds. This does not have to be in malaysia.
Have you check the information from this official website? You'll find all the details here http://www.mm2h.gov.my/index.php, including licensed agents.

This is the link regarding how much money you need and what you can do with it. http://www.mm2h.gov.my/conditions.php

I'm a Malaysian from Kota Kinabalu, East Malaysia (North Borneo) but currently living in Beijing, China. If you don't mind me asking, why Melaka? Maybe you would like to check out Kota Kinabalu. We have almost everything there. You can live in a quiet environment and yet the city, islands and mountains is all within driving distance or a boat ride! Including modern medical facilities. Let me know if you have further questions and I'll try to answer them.

Regards.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:53 am
Just Joined

elvina is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Expats in Melaka.

Hi there,

im a malaysia citizen and my hubby from scotland. We own a property in Melaka. If you do need help such as property agent and others information please send me email i will be glad to help you where i could [email protected]

cheers.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

We live in Singapore.

We love Malacca.

But for short breaks, 4 or 5 days.

I think living in Malacca might be difficult although they do have Tesco and Carrefour and some great restaurants when you look around.

Don't want to disuade you from moving there as I'm sure you must have visited often and had a good look around.
Malacca is developing rapidly now.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi there,

yes. life in melaka very munday. regards to restaurant they do have very good local food but NOT FOR WESTERN FOOD(Contemporary cuisine) even in the hotel as well. you wont find an Irish pub or Mediterranean delight here. so most of your time you need to be creative.

perhaps the best way you could do buy ingredients in tesco and carefour and cook it for yourself.

cheers.

elvina
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elvina
Hi there,

you wont find a Mediterranean delight here

elvina
Maybe you haven't tried Harpers Restaurant.

It has better Med food than any in Singapore.

And cheaper.

The wine list is good as well.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

i not sure your level of taste.

for me Harpers still not as good as what i thought it should be.

raviolo lobster ....foie gras.......truffle.........halibut....high end cuisine you wont get it in Melaka even the 4 stars hotel.

the real contemporary culinary east met west cuisine is in Shangri La Singapore.

the rest ............hm......still thinking and exploring.

cheers.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

med food in hapers........im still dont really think so.

anyway. as long you happy. is fine with me.

cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.