Enoughs enough

Old Nov 5th 2005, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

John Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Enoughs enough

Am I alone in believing,as we are all members of BRITISH EXPATS.com,
that we are sick and tired of putting up with Yanks telling us how to write our dates?
The awful terrorist attack on The Twin Towers happened not on 9/11, but on 11/9. Why should they go on getting away with changing tradition and British History?
Who will tell them "enoughs enough"?
Who will start the Anti Yank Date revolution.?
Old Nov 5th 2005, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enoughs enough

Originally Posted by Wellington,
that we are sick and tired of putting up with Yanks telling us how to write our dates?
The awful terrorist attack on The Twin Towers happened not on 9/11, but on 11/9. Why should they go on getting away with changing tradition and British History?
do you have any other REALLY REALLY important life changing issues up your sleeve?
Old Nov 5th 2005, 6:39 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I was told 9/11 was a major date in history, well I've looked in my diary at the 9th November 2001 and I couldn't see that anything major happened.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Nov 6th 2005, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

John Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Speed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psb182
do you have any other REALLY REALLY important life changing issues up your sleeve?
You MUST be a Yank
Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:55 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Do "they" have a big push on trying to convert Thailand to following the US date system then?

Personally, have never seen them trying to "change British history" by converting our date conventions....

They do something different - so what?
Old Nov 9th 2005, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Do "they" have a big push on trying to convert Thailand to following the US date system then?

Personally, have never seen them trying to "change British history" by converting our date conventions....

They do something different - so what?
You've missed the point old boy. Bush is steadily pushing his ideas all over the world,interfering and meddling and killing. This is just a "thin end of the wedge" situation.
Even here in Thailand and all over Asia ,we read of more and more attempts by the US Govt. to push their views without fully realising how many people they upset.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 6:52 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

You've missed the point old boy. Bush is steadily pushing his ideas all over the world,interfering and meddling and killing. This is just a "thin end of the wedge" situation.
Even here in Thailand and all over Asia ,we read of more and more attempts by the US Govt. to push their views without fully realising how many people they upset.
Ah, I see, so you're just looking for an anti US rant and rave. Fair enough - carry on old boy. I'm outta here...........
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

What's this to do with the Far East? You do know you're posting in a forum named "Far East", don't you?
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:35 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

How does the Americans abbreviating the attack on the twin towers and Pentagon to 9/11, constitute them telling people how to write their dates? Grow up you sad bastard!
Old Nov 10th 2005, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by NJ_Dave
How does the Americans abbreviating the attack on the twin towers and Pentagon to 9/11, constitute them telling people how to write their dates? Grow up you sad bastard!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should read and absorb before blasting off on the wrong tack;
British History should not be meddled with by the US, it's not just dates,that's a minor issue,the thin end of the wedge; not seriously expecting anything to change; it won't; but why should THE BRITISH need lessons in history from the Young America.
And I don't think your language does you much credit.Young man.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Celsius
What's this to do with the Far East? You do know you're posting in a forum named "Far East", don't you?

This is to do with British Ex-pats, if you read my starter,happens to be in Far East because that's where I live.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 2:43 am
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

You should read and absorb before blasting off on the wrong tack;
British History should not be meddled with by the US, it's not just dates,that's a minor issue,the thin end of the wedge; not seriously expecting anything to change; it won't; but why should THE BRITISH need lessons in history from the Young America.
I've seen plenty of anti-American rants on this site, and I'd give yours about a two out of ten. Must try harder........

And I don't think your language does you much credit.Young man.
Damn, I think I just pissed myself laughing
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

I've seen plenty of anti-American rants on this site, and I'd give yours about a two out of ten. Must try harder........

Damn, I think I just pissed myself laughing
It appears neither your intelligence nor your language have improved.

I'm off........Need to restock with mangoes and dog biscuits.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:10 am
Failed Expat ;-)

It appears neither your intelligence nor your language have improved.

I'm off........Need to restock with mangoes and dog biscuits.
Whatever old man. Try not to fall and break your hip
Old Nov 10th 2005, 3:14 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever old man. Try not to fall and break your hip
I got the next available flight, blimey there's a lot of sand around here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.