CHILED PASSPORT

Old Nov 1st 2010, 11:18 am
Just Joined

z4ydi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CHILED PASSPORT

I am a British Citizen currently living in the UK, my wife is an Afghan national; she applied for a UK Spouse visa on the basis of marriage to join me in the UK, her visa was refused on some silly grounds and we have laudged an appeal around 3 months ago. Our first child will be born in Afghanistan in December and ofcourse my child will be British by descend. I am in a bit of a dilemma because the birth of our child being so close, it is very highly likely that my wife will get her visa after the birth. To ensure that I submit my child’s British passport application soon father his birth I have been draft-filling the C2 FROM so that all supporting documentations and information needed can be obtained in timely manner, I came accross the the following problems:
The C2 FORM says that mother should hand in her passport and parents should hand in marriage and divorcer certificates as I said my wife's UK Spouse visa is undergoing an appeal process with the UKBA, and ofcourse my wife has to have her passport handy - as soon as the decision is made she must hand-in her passport for getting her visa stamped, and failing to submit her passport on the appointed date by the UKBA will mean a real issue and a long going legal battle again. So the question once again is: Can my wife submit a colour photocopy of her passport instead of the original copy? correct me if I am wrong - I think the guide says to submit (parent passports, Divorce certificate, marriage cert) as riginal?. On the same note if my wife waits for her visa to be stamped and after obtaining her passport she must enter the UK within 3 months from the time which the visa is issued; if she leaves her child in Afghanistan as a desperate measure and comes to the UK and then go back to Afghanistan to apply for our child's passport we will be faced with another dilemma that is: she can not stay more than 90 days outside the UK on a spouse visa whereas it takes 7-8 months for child's passport to be processed > I will be grateful if you could communicate the problem with the relevant departments and your counterparts in Pakistan and provide me with a solution to this dilemma.

Please advice

Thanks
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

Picnic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CHILED PASSPORT

Have you or your wife consulted the Consular section at the British Embassy in Kabul regarding the submission of a photocopy of her passport? In light of the UK Spouse Visa appeal they might be able to help? I presume that you will be traveling to Afghanistan for the birth and could submit the application to Islamabad from there?

I am surprised that a first child's UK passport takes 7-8 months to process, can you provide the link?
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Picnic
Have you or your wife consulted the Consular section at the British Embassy in Kabul regarding the submission of a photocopy of her passport? In light of the UK Spouse Visa appeal they might be able to help? I presume that you will be traveling to Afghanistan for the birth and could submit the application to Islamabad from there?

I am surprised that a first child's UK passport takes 7-8 months to process, can you provide the link?
Thanks Picnic for the reply. We did consult the BHC in Kabul Afghanistan they said since the application is going to Pakistan they can not advice me otherwise than what is on the general checklist, I emailed our situation to them over and over but they either not reply or when they do they send me the same old checklist. I specificaly ask them if it is ok to submit a photocopy due to our situation but they did not reply - have sent them the same message 4 times by email but no reply.
The problem is my Divorce certificate from previous marriage and my marriage certificate from my current marriage are too submitted in support of my wife's appeal - I dont know whether to ask for them to be returned but then I am worried that they might reject her visa as these docus are very crutial to the decision making process.

ANY IDEA???

Please advice
They confirmed the processing time with me to be 7-8 months by email the same is stated on their website: "Renewals of existing passports usually take around 10 working days (not including postage time). The estimated time to process first-time passport applications,however,is seven to eight months.
"
Here is their website address : http://ukinpakistan.fco.gov.uk/en/he...ly-in-pakistan

Last edited by z4ydi; Nov 3rd 2010 at 1:06 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 8:18 am
Account Closed

Picnic is an unknown quantity at this point

If your wife is called to the UK regarding the spouse visa and travels on an Afghan passport is there any reason why she cannot apply for an Afghan passport for your accompanying child? If you are confident that the appeal will be successful it should be possible to apply for a UK passport for your child once he/she is in the UK.
Old Nov 5th 2010, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Picnic
If your wife is called to the UK regarding the spouse visa and travels on an Afghan passport is there any reason why she cannot apply for an Afghan passport for your accompanying child? If you are confident that the appeal will be successful it should be possible to apply for a UK passport for your child once he/she is in the UK.
Well, my child would have to have a visa or a British passport to be allowed to enter the United Kindgdom - Though he is British but that has to be on paper i.e. British Passport. We can not get him an Afghan Passport and claim in the air ports that he is my child and I am British hence allow him board a plane to the UK.