Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia
Reload this Page >

any one know about the international tefl

any one know about the international tefl

Old Mar 19th 2009, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice
Default any one know about the international tefl

Hi all,
I was thinking about doing the following on line course so later on I can teach in thailand so any information would be good

The International TEFL Corporation
firefox
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road
Default Re: any one know about the international tefl

Does Thailand require it?

I know it's not the same, but when I taught in Japan, I didn't need to be TESL/TEFL certified.

Good luck!
Fox
Old Mar 20th 2009, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Foxy_fromCanada is on a distinguished road

If you're not stuck on a particular location in Asia, check out the JET programme - that's what I did back in 1999-2000 in Japan. Very well-run program, great experience. However, it does take a number of months after application before you actually get there.

If that doesn't work for you, try contacting some private schools directly - sometimes it's easier to get into a private school as they aren't always subject to all the Ministry of Education guidelines & rules etc. that the public schools are.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 7:44 am
Just Joined

JaysonJones is an unknown quantity at this point

I forget the site but just google Thailand TEFL course. I know many people who teach or taught english here. also once you get here there are many places who offer the cert. It's cheap too.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 11:55 pm
Banned

fred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nicefred uk is just really nice

If you have a degree and tefl you can get a job anywhere.
If you have nothing then you need to look at countries that will take anyone they can get.
Indonesia, I know, are going loopy to get people. I keep getting offered work and I'm a Yorkshire lad.
How the hell can I teach English when I can't even speak it?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 9:55 am
Just Joined

JaysonJones is an unknown quantity at this point

Thailand is the same way. They really NEED people who can speak english. Its very different from Malaysia/Singapore/Philippines where the people are highly trained in english.

Good luck

Jay