British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Expat Finance (https://britishexpats.com/forum/expat-finance-201/)
-   -   Who are you??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/expat-finance-201/who-you-833661/)

Patsy Stoned May 12th 2014 10:01 am

Who are you???

You have recently joined this forum.. you work for a company with a bad reputation for cold calling and giving wrong advise, based mostly on the best commission for your badly trained and badly qualified salesmen, I hesitate to use the professional title of Financial Advisors.
I know several poor sods who came out here for a job with your company and left totally disillusioned.
I have to say that I would never take any advise from your company, nor another similar one who sounds like a well know jewelers.
Just my opinion, which I believe is still allowed in the free world of forums :D

scrubbedexpat141 May 12th 2014 10:41 am

Re: Who are you???

:popcorn::popcorn:

CraigM May 12th 2014 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 11256926)
You have recently joined this forum.. you work for a company with a bad reputation for cold calling and giving wrong advise, based mostly on the best commission for your badly trained and badly qualified salesmen, I hesitate to use the professional title of Financial Advisors.
I know several poor sods who came out here for a job with your company and left totally disillusioned.
I have to say that I would never take any advise from your company, nor another similar one who sounds like a well know jewelers.
Just my opinion, which I believe is still allowed in the free world of forums :D

Hi Patsy Stoned, Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that your friends left disillusioned, I too have had friends start in this industry and suffered the same fate.

You will find complaints against anything on the internet, whether it be Financial Advice or the fact the local supermarket does not stock peoples favourite bread, people will rarely post on sites that they are happy with a service. In saying that I do understand that people do not appreciate cold calling, and as per a previous post, this is something as an adviser I will not do.

I am not sure how to respond to the fact some staff previously may have given incorrect advice, I do not know the individual cases so cannot comment. I can proudly state that all of my individual clients are very happy with the service and advice I have given them.

I appreciate your opinion, but feel it is guided towards my company rather than myself, If I can be of any assistance please let me know.

Patsy Stoned May 18th 2014 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by CraigM (Post 11257324)
Hi Patsy Stoned, Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that your friends left disillusioned, I too have had friends start in this industry and suffered the same fate.

You will find complaints against anything on the internet, whether it be Financial Advice or the fact the local supermarket does not stock peoples favourite bread, people will rarely post on sites that they are happy with a service. In saying that I do understand that people do not appreciate cold calling, and as per a previous post, this is something as an adviser I will not do.

I am not sure how to respond to the fact some staff previously may have given incorrect advice, I do not know the individual cases so cannot comment. I can proudly state that all of my individual clients are very happy with the service and advice I have given them.

I appreciate your opinion, but feel it is guided towards my company rather than myself, If I can be of any assistance please let me know.

Firstly, they were NOT friends of mine, they were people I knew who had come over to work for said company.
Secondly, people are judged by the company that they work for.... if the company has a reputation as unscrupulous and unprofessional then why on earth would you want to be associated with them?
Surely, if you are as qualified as you say you are, you could get a job with any of the recognised companies who employ properly trained and qualified staff.
Thank you for your offer of assistance but Meow takes great care of me.

CraigM May 20th 2014 6:59 am

Sadly the Financial Industry as a whole within the UAE has cloud over it thanks to many years shocking advice from other individuals! Yes, I could get a Job with any of the companies out here, however, as I only work on a referral basis I am judged on myself, my clients trust me and trust my advice, regardless what name is on my business card. The facilities available to me and my clients here are fantastic.

I am very happy you are getting great service from Meow.

Magsman May 21st 2014 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 11256926)

Hi Patsy

A word of advice....this sort of prejudicial assessment is clearly libellous and illegal under UAE law.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/techno...tent-tra-warns

Whoever it is you are talking about could technically report you to the Police!!:thumbdown: