British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Europe (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/)
-   -   Working in UK inside IR35 and Divorce (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/working-uk-inside-ir35-divorce-944805/)

enm1sg Jul 20th 2022 9:03 am

Working in UK inside IR35 and Divorce

Guys,

The purpose of this post is not to avoid UK taxes or HMRC but to safeguard me from my Divorce financial proceedings in the UK

I am working from Home in the UK company under the IR35 umbrella company arrangement. Due to my divorce financial proceedings, I don't want to take my salary either in UK bank accounts or file my return with UK HMRC for a short period of 1-2 years as it will severely put me at a disadvantage financially in the long terms in my financial proceedings

What are the best options for me as I don't want to leave the UK company? Can I ask the Umbrella Company to pay me either on CHANEL ISLAND OR JERSEY ISLAND? I think opening my bank accounts there will not be subject to UK mainland HMRC tax returns and I have to file my taxes in these regions. Additionally, if bank accounts in Chanel or jersey island come under UK credit file search, please

Or Can I open the accounts in any European Company and take the income from there.

Please advise me on the best options so that I could not take either my salary from a UK umbrella company in UK bank accounts or file my tax returns with HMRC legally

christmasoompa Jul 20th 2022 9:06 am

Re: Working in UK inside IR35 and Divorce

Surely where you're paid won't make a difference for a divorce? You'll be asked about worldwide income, not just income in the UK.

But you want to be tax resident elsewhere you'd have to move to another country, you can't just elect to pay tax elsewhere (if you could, everybody would elect to pay tax in Monaco!).

enm1sg Jul 20th 2022 9:20 am

UK umbrella Company and Salary and taxes in Jersey or Guernsey

I am working as a freelance contractor in the UK with UK BASED Umbrella Company. . Due to financial divorce proceeding in the UK, I want to take my salary from Umbrella Company y open my bank accounts either in Jersey or Gurnesey so that I am not subject to UK HMRC taxation system.

Question: Please advise me of the UK-based umbrella Compnay that can pay me my salary either in Jersey or Guernsey or in Europe so that I can safeguard myself from UK divorce financial proceedings for the short term..

spouse of scouse Jul 20th 2022 10:34 am

Re: UK umbrella Company and Salary and taxes in Jersey or Guernsey

Originally Posted by enm1sg (Post 13129915)
I am working as a freelance contractor in the UK with UK BASED Umbrella Company. . Due to financial divorce proceeding in the UK, I want to take my salary from Umbrella Company y open my bank accounts either in Jersey or Gurnesey so that I am not subject to UK HMRC taxation system.

Question: Please advise me of the UK-based umbrella Compnay that can pay me my salary either in Jersey or Guernsey or in Europe so that I can safeguard myself from UK divorce financial proceedings for the short term..

:rolleyes:

christmasoompa Jul 20th 2022 10:41 am

Originally Posted by enm1sg (Post 13129915)

It doesn't work like that. If you are resident and working in the UK then you're subject to UK taxes, regardless of where your salary is paid.

Rosemary Jul 20th 2022 10:41 am

I have merged your two threads because they are on the same subject. Please do not open multiple threads on one subject.

Rosemary

Pulaski Jul 20th 2022 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 13129929)
It doesn't work like that. If you are resident and working in the UK then you're subject to UK taxes, regardless of where your salary is paid.

:goodpost: This!

Bomber Harris Jul 20th 2022 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by enm1sg (Post 13129912)
Guys,

The purpose of this post is not to avoid UK taxes or HMRC but to safeguard me from my Divorce financial proceedings in the UK

I am working from Home in the UK company under the IR35 umbrella company arrangement. Due to my divorce financial proceedings, I don't want to take my salary either in UK bank accounts or file my return with UK HMRC for a short period of 1-2 years as it will severely put me at a disadvantage financially in the long terms in my financial proceedings

What are the best options for me as I don't want to leave the UK company? Can I ask the Umbrella Company to pay me either on CHANEL ISLAND OR JERSEY ISLAND? I think opening my bank accounts there will not be subject to UK mainland HMRC tax returns and I have to file my taxes in these regions. Additionally, if bank accounts in Chanel or jersey island come under UK credit file search, please

Or Can I open the accounts in any European Company and take the income from there.

Please advise me on the best options so that I could not take either my salary from a UK umbrella company in UK bank accounts or file my tax returns with HMRC legally

"The family court can penalise either divorcing party if they have transferred large sums of money or other high-value assets shortly before the divorce with the intention of reducing the overall matrimonial pot, thereby depriving their spouse of a fair share of assets.

More generally, if either husband or wife tries to hide the existence of any of their own assets, this will be considered a contempt of court and can lead to serious repercussions."

Serious repercussions = jail = don't drop the soap in the shower.