Reload this Page >

Working in the UK as a Dental Technician

Working in the UK as a Dental Technician

Old May 27th 2014, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

ZouBisouBisou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in the UK as a Dental Technician

Hello everyone!

I'm a 23 year old girl living in Romania. I freshly graduated from university as a Dental Technician, but I'm struggling for a few months now to find a job as a dental technician.

So I thought I should try finding a job abroad, plus it's a good experience.

I've searched for jobs online in the UK as a dental technician and I saw that there are a few jobs that don't necessarily require experience (which I obviously don't have). Plus I saw that I have to be part of the GDC too. That part is somewhat clear to me. I've already e-mailed them about my application and they've sent me the list with the papers I have to submit.

My question would be, that is it possible for me to not be accepted at the GDC if I don't have experience, but I have diploma and all the papers necessary (almost). Plus there are a few subject which I saw at the Learning Outcomes form, that we never studied at the university. Will that be a problem when they check the syllabus? And if I don't have a professional reference, because I've never worked as a dental technician, will this be a reason of rejection? Do I have to take an exam if I'm accepted? How easily can a foreigner dental technician without experience get a job in the UK?

If you can help me with either one of my questions I would be so glad. I don't know if I should even go down this road or not. I'm a bit insecure and I don't know anyone to ask for help. Or if there are any other information I should know regarding this topic, please share it with me.

All the best.