Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Working in one place and family living in another..

Working in one place and family living in another..

Old Aug 1st 2007, 9:00 am
Just Joined

kwallace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in one place and family living in another..

Hey guys, I have been coming here for a while lurking around but it's time to get some expert opinions

I currently work in Malaysia and for both work and personal reasons we are looking to relocate. I just came back from Tunisia and for work it looks really doable.

However my wife is a Chinese Malaysian and they are quiet rare in Tunisia and I'm 100% certain the missus is not going to take it well there, let alone my 2 year old girl.

So I had a cunning plan to do work in Tunis but have the family located in another country, this was either going to be France, Italy, Germany or Malta.

After about 1 year the place should be running better so I wont have to be flying backwards and forwards so much.

Italy has been written off after my trip to Rome and meeting the locals....:curse:

Malta looks good and they speak english, the only drawback is housing costs and cost of living, other than that it looks doable and from what I have read they like to have residents like me (bringing money in via spending and investment).

Has anyone else been in this position or would know which of these places is best, and if it is Malta.....any idea how likely it could happen?
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of
Default Re: Working in one place and family living in another..

Spain might be an option. English is widely spoken on the Costas and your child could easily pick the language up at that age and go to a normal Spanish school.