A word of warning about Poland

A word of warning about Poland

Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

RIH000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A word of warning about Poland

Hi everybody.

A tale from Poland - current and true.

I sent my ex-partner £200k + 4 years ago to buy our dream house in Poland. I was clearing up the remaining things in the UK. Thought that when I got to Poland, we'd transfer 50% to me etc. No way! What's yours is mine, and what's mine is my own!

Anyway, thing is that seperation came after she sold the house (we have 2 small kids), and she took the lot (after house inflation, some £350k) and has offered me £60k. Refused, as it was all mine to begin, and I want 50%.

Court case starts, but I had to pay 5% deposit (of the claim value) to the courts, and it takes time. In the meantime, she claims for maintenance for the kids, stops me seeing them, and wins £1000 per month maintenance, backdated from the seperation. I earn £1000 per month, and have no assets - they were all tied up with her.. The judge said that as a foreigner, I probably had assets abroad. When I noted to the judge that 'she' had £350k from the sale of the house, but said that she had spent it (in 6 months), the judge said that's another problem. When I said that I only earned £1000 oer month, the judge said 'work harder'.

I didn't pay, obviously, and have now had my last £200 taken from my account by the bailiff, and he has come to my workplace, telling my company to pay him my salary.

I am desperate. How can a person be treated in such a manner?

I now have the kids every weekend, but have nothing to treat them with, apart from love, but am happy for the time I have with them. The things she said she had to pay for (including swimming lessons at £80 per month have stopped after the court announced its verdict).

The system is crazy! Take everything from a guy, then some more.

Any ideas what I can do? I have various court cases and Police complaints, but the system seems to work entirely in her favour, and I cannot leave my 2 kids, but feel as if I've no choice.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Celtic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: A word of warning about Poland

Hmm. This is a difficult one. Are you being shafted because that's how it works for men in Poland or are you being shafted because you are not Polish?

I don't know if it will be of any help, but here's a link to the EU Commission website, it gives you all sorts of info on your rights as an EU citizen living in another EU state.

http://ec.europa.eu/youreurope/index_en.html

Good luck.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for link - although it doesn't seem to help much.

Crazy thing is that I'm forced to be illegal now.

Cannot (and even if could, would not on principle) afford to give her the money the court has ordered, as this would be 100% of income. Therefore I have no option, unless I want to end up on the streets, or in prison, but to hide myself to the Polish authorities, and be illegal. Something I do not like doing, and with no small risk if I'm discovered.

I'm told by many people here that firstly the system is very much biased towards women (as everywhere I feel, and although justified many years ago, now I feel that each case should be looked at on its own merits), secondly that because I'm a 'westerner' then I must be richer than a Pole (she said in her reasoning of the maintenance case that 'probably he has assets abroad' with no reason given for the assumption, and thirdly that the judges have too much to do, and therefore do look at cases with an eye for justice, but only to expedite a decision.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Celtic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of light

Have you contacted the British Embassy to see if they have any information which may help you?
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:54 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the help. I thought the same, but this is an extract from their site, and the practice is the same.

'We cannot...
get you out of prison, prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence, or interfere in criminal or civil court proceedings; ·

help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in another country’s immigration policy or procedures;·

give you legal advice, investigate crimes or carry out searches for missing people, although we can give you details of people who may be able to help you in these cases, such as English-speaking lawyers;·

get you better treatment in hospital or prison than is given to local people;

pay any bills or give you money (in very exceptional circumstances we may lend you some money from public funds, which you will have to pay back);

make travel arrangements for you, or find you work or accommodation; or
make business arrangements on your behalf.'

It's a visa's and passports office. Local lawyers I've got, but now haven't the money to pay them.

Take care
Old Aug 15th 2008, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

nikki78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!

Try to make an appeal in the court. You can prove that she havent had funds on her own to buy such expensive house. Tax office in poland is very strict and she will be in serious trouble if it will be complained that she bought the house she couldt afford from her earnings. The sum you mentioned is far more than 10.000 euros and every transaction for more than 10k euros is monitored and can be quesxtioned and order to prove anytime. Where about in Poland it was? If there is a small town she could have some deals with local authorities so you have to go straight up. Shame, but still in Poland you can have alot for money if you know who to pay. Good luck.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

losttraveller is an unknown quantity at this point

Defo, check the information on EU Commission and see if you and how you can get it through ECJ if you feel that you have been discriminated on a grounds of nationality (which seems like you have). It's ok to say take her to cleaners but you also need to consider your kids involment in this and how it will affect them. Try to negotiate with her and inform her that if you can't compromise what will be your intentions, be carefull that she does not shop you to the authorities. It's harder to seek help from foreign prison. Otherwise go for it!x
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:21 am
Banned

hockeyhairdo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by losttraveller
Defo, check the information on EU Commission and see if you and how you can get it through ECJ if you feel that you have been discriminated on a grounds of nationality (which seems like you have). It's ok to say take her to cleaners but you also need to consider your kids involment in this and how it will affect them. Try to negotiate with her and inform her that if you can't compromise what will be your intentions, be carefull that she does not shop you to the authorities. It's harder to seek help from foreign prison. Otherwise go for it!x
welcome to the time of reversed discrimination.

the pyramid is these days upside down.

it is like White, western man is resposnsible for all evil in the world and should therefore suffer forever, while poor people and women are handed everything on a plate.

I am sorry I cant help, but the most important you can do is to maintain in contact with your kids, it is all that matters.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:27 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hockeyhairdo
welcome to the time of reversed discrimination.

the pyramid is these days upside down.

it is like White, western man is resposnsible for all evil in the world and should therefore suffer forever, while poor people and women are handed everything on a plate.

I am sorry I cant help, but the most important you can do is to maintain in contact with your kids, it is all that matters.
Keep taking the tablets!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:29 am
Banned

hockeyhairdo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by busterboy
Keep taking the tablets!
that is exactly the reason I would never consider even visiting Australia.

It must be something in the air
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:44 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Keep taking the tablets!
you are such a trouble maker!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:49 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
you are such a trouble maker!
find you in the strangest places mate,how many of you are there?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:52 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
find you in the strangest places mate,how many of you are there?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
there are absolutely millions of me mate, millions.....

hows you?
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:03 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
there are absolutely millions of me mate, millions.....

hows you?
cream crackered mate,,,
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:08 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
cream crackered mate,,,
Don't tell us you've been working...