Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

WMortena Guardian Quarter Apartments - SCAM!

WMortena Guardian Quarter Apartments - SCAM!

Old Aug 12th 2018, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Kofeinisti is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry WMortena Guardian Quarter Apartments - SCAM!

Beware this company, they're trying to take your money and run...

I'm looking to relocate to Gothenburg and I'm looking for a flat. I got an email from some random person saying that they were renting out their apartment. This person said that they're not in Sweden so they cannot hand over the keys in person, but prefer to use a company that handles ontracts, keys and deposits on their behalf. Major red flag. The whole thing was obviously a scam, but I wanted to see how they operate so I could warn others, so I played along. I also wanted to post this here in case someone else is trying to find information about them from real sources.

Their website seemed legit enough at first glance. They had photos of the apartment, the address checked out, nothing stood out or raised suspicion. Then I tried to search the site for apartments. Only Paris, London, Madrid, Barcelona. Weird, I just saw an apartment listed in Gothenburg...

I emailed the person back and told them I was suspicious of handing over money before even seeing the apartment. They reassured me that all was fine and even posted links to reviews and forum discussions where everyone vouched for their validity. One such link was to British Expats. However, the address for the post was britishexpatwords, not britishexpats.

All of the profiles are real, they link to real users on this forum. While it looks legit at first, the messages are obviously fake.

I checked the rest of the links, and they're all the same decoys, similar URLs but all fake content (trustworthy scamadviser became scams-adviser for example). They've copied the sites' layouts and just edited their own information in. If you're not careful, it might seem fairly credible.

Long story short: DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY, or any other company where they ask you to hand over money before seeing the apartment.

Contact info for the scam:

WMortena Guardian Quarter Apartments:

WMortena Guardian Quarter Apartments is operated by WMortena Rentals LTD

7 Rink Drive, Swadlincote, DE11 8JL, United Kingdom
Registered in United Kingdom with Company No. 08249778
VAT Registration number: 191 2231 33
Data Protection number: Z9972266

Our branches:

Stadtplatz 12, 8342, Raning, Austria.
Prager Str 18, 82237, Wörthsee, Germany.
Via Torino, 144, 29020, Brugneto, Italy.
Trg bana Josipa Jelačića 10, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia.Contact Us!

Tel(UK): Phone Number: 0800 0 WALTAB (UK Only) TOOL FREE
Tel(EU): International Tool Free Number comming soon.

They're also running the same scam on another website, Magic rentals.

Magic rentals:
Tel (ES): +34 915 323 265
Tel (UK): +44 207 193 7428
Tel (US): +1 347 549 9922
Tel (IT): +39 069 480 0833

Last edited by Kofeinisti; Aug 12th 2018 at 8:06 am. Reason: Typo
Old Aug 13th 2018, 3:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WMortena Guardian Quarter Apartments - SCAM!

Same thing has come up before on the forum. Here's another thread about it - Looking to rent a apartment via MWeba Guardian Rentals www.mwebaguardianrentals.co.uk
Old Aug 13th 2018, 3:59 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WMortena Guardian Quarter Apartments - SCAM!

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Same thing has come up before on the forum. Here's another thread about it - Looking to rent a apartment via MWeba Guardian Rentals www.mwebaguardianrentals.co.uk
Not that there's anything funny about these bumwipes, but