Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Winter Fuel Allowance - Europe pensioners and expats.

Winter Fuel Allowance - Europe pensioners and expats.

Old Jan 22nd 2015, 9:41 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Winter Fuel Allowance - Europe pensioners and expats.

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
How on earth am I being rude?
Are you perhaps in rude health?
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 9:43 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

How on earth am I being rude?
+1
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Are you perhaps in rude health?
Well, (fingers crossed of course), yes I am.
But then I did anticipate that as years advanced i might not find life as easy as I had.
So I invested time and effort (that I could ill afford) in trying to ensure that i would remain so.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 11:39 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by aboris
I'll never understand why it is just not consolidated into the state pension. If it were those pensioners who had a pension/retirement income over £10,000 would pay either 20% or 40% or 45% of it back as tax due on their income. Far better than all the costs associated with means testing which would be a complete waste.
I rather like that sensible idea.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 11:55 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Winter Fuel Allowance - Europe pensioners and expats.

As you will see, I have merged the assorted threads about whether or not there should be or will/will not be Winter Fuel Allowance for those pensioners and expats living in Europe, to this one thread.

There are re-directed in the assorted forums

When I looked at all the threads - and I did read them - I found I was really reading just the one conversation.

So, I have consolidated the topic to this one place. That saves some users needing to repeat themselves across several threads & keeps the topic in just the one place.

Thanks
BEVS
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 5:08 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

With all the heat that is being generated in this thread, who needs a winter fuel allowance?
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 5:55 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

There are some who actually need it, but probably not any of those contributing here.

Another testament that whenever there's another generous benefit, everyone will take it, whether they need it or not...

...and scream "unfairness" or "entitlement" if anyone ever tries to take it away.

I reckon all will be voting Labour now, so you can get all your freebies back. And then in a decade or so, yet another UK near-bankruptcy to sort out, and all will again be screaming "entitlement" as the cutbacks go into effect.

But at least you'll get that 200 pounds you're "entitled" to, so you can buy an iPad or something. That's what's important.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 6:24 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
With all the heat that is being generated in this thread, who needs a winter fuel allowance?
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Banjoboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobody at all on the France forum agrees with you.
Not true.

I agree with Cyrian that this is getting really tedious.
To avoid the tedium Cyrian has chosen to unsubscribe from this thread.

Will you please give it a rest.
Nope. I am as entitled as you to express my opinion.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 8:21 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
As you will see, I have merged the assorted threads about whether or not there should be or will/will not be Winter Fuel Allowance for those pensioners and expats living in Europe, to this one thread.

There are re-directed in the assorted forums

When I looked at all the threads - and I did read them - I found I was really reading just the one conversation.

So, I have consolidated the topic to this one place. That saves some users needing to repeat themselves across several threads & keeps the topic in just the one place.

Thanks
BEVS
And thank you, too, BEVS!
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
With respect I think there are two conversations, or at least two themes within the same conversation:

- The first is whether ex-pats should get the WFP at all. The UK government has decided that some will and some won't based on the temperature test.

- The second is whether the temperature test is equitable insofar as it applies to France. The UK Government has decided that for the purposes of WFP Italy is colder than France.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 8:38 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Banjoboy
With respect I think there are two conversations, or at least two themes within the same conversation:

- The first is whether ex-pats should get the WFP at all. The UK government has decided that some will and some won't based on the temperature test.

- The second is whether the temperature test is equitable insofar as it applies to France. The UK Government has decided that for the purposes of WFP Italy is colder than France.
And with all due respect, you can continue discussing the two themes in this thread. Those living in France who are interested in the question will join you.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dmu
And with all due respect, you can continue discussing the two themes in this thread. Those living in France who are interested in the question will join you.
But not if they're only interested in reading the France forums.

Frankly I didn't even know this Europe forum existed until today. The issues I have been raising are specifically related to the WFP as it affects people in France. I'm not particularly interested in debating whether or not people should or shouldn't get the WFP but I am interested in discussing the discriminatory nature of the UK government's temperature test as it applies to France.

Your issues are much more general so it is perhaps right that they are discussed in this more general forum.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 3:35 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

I'm by no means an expert on this kind of thing and would not claim a grant like the WFA unless I felt I was "needy" enough to do so but, if I were in such circumstances, I would imagine that there are French grants to which I would be entitled, n'est-ce pas?
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.