Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where to move with a toddler?

Where to move with a toddler?

Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

cjb_2504 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to move with a toddler?

Hi - I have read the similar post in this forum asking for advice on where the couple could move - but my circumstances are quite different - so I was hoping to get some advice.
I am looking to move in about 4 years time - I would go now - but I am tied into my current property. By then my daughter will be five years old - and it is just the two of us relocating.
My main priorities revolves around my daughter - I want some safe, friendly, as crime free as you can get these days - probably somewhere small with a nice sense of community - and quite quiet.
Also money will be somewhat of an issue - so property prices need to be not too high - and the same goes for the cost of living. Also the job market would make a difference to where we finally go. I know all these things are difficult to predict - but I would like to start to narrow our plans down to one country in particular.
Oh and some sun would be nice
Thank you in advance for anyone who takes the time to reply. In particular I would love to hear from other mums - and their views on their childrens life in their respective country.
Thanks once again.
Old Jul 17th 2003, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Jerantut is an unknown quantity at this point

Australia.

They have a skilled migration program.