Reload this Page >

Where to live near Athens airport

Where to live near Athens airport

Old Aug 13th 2009, 9:19 am
Just Joined

balsamicsquare is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to live near Athens airport

Hi All,

I am going to be moving out the Greece in January for a 6 month contract with a Greek airline flying out of Athens airport.

I was wondering what areas could be recommended that are easily commutable to the airport. I don't mind spending more for a good area. And a few expats around would be a added bonus!

Thanks for your help
Ben
Old Sep 5th 2009, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Deon1962 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to live near Athens airport

Hello Ben. Places like: Porto Rafti,Spata and Coropi are very close. The first of the three is also close to the sea.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

function_analysis is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Where to live near Athens airport

Hi Ben,

Normally you should pick an area easily accessible to and from Attica Road, as this is the major motorway taking you directly to AIA. Specifically, pay particular attention to any of the areas located between exit/entry 8 and 16. Porto Rafti and Spata are a safe bet but IMHO they are NOT what is considered to be a 'good area'. Yes, they definitely are next door to AIA, yet I doubt there will be any expats around.

As you're willing to spend some more money I suggest you consider Kifissia and Vrilissia, especially the later given the proximity of this small town to the entry/exit 12 of Attica Road. Although Kifissia is some way farther from the entry/exit points of Attica Road it'll give you the luxury flair you're looking. Should you stay there DON'T forget to ask for a parking space when it comes to your tenure terms.

PM for anything more.

George

Originally Posted by balsamicsquare
Hi All,

I am going to be moving out the Greece in January for a 6 month contract with a Greek airline flying out of Athens airport.

I was wondering what areas could be recommended that are easily commutable to the airport. I don't mind spending more for a good area. And a few expats around would be a added bonus!

Thanks for your help
Ben