Where to go

Old Feb 4th 2012, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Richcravingportugal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to go

As i have mentioned in a couple other post me and the fiance are soon looking for a country to go to rent an apartment and work for a year or two. we are doing this to experience different world cultures before we eventually settle down.

So we are 23 and 22 and willing to do any jobs. we both have been in employment since we were 15 and are both in our last semester of uni. We a bit of saving we are prepared for the first couples of months renting but will need to work for our rent. Neither of us speaks another language fluently except for english.

I understand that the world is in a recession at the moment and it will be hard to find a job in most countries.

but please where would YOU suggest that a young couple could explore.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Azarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where to go

Only you can answer that question.

What kind of climate do you want to spend your time in? How would you mostly like to spend your free time: hiking, cycling, and exploring nature or museums, clubbing, and other urban activities? What standard of living do you expect during your time abroad: roughing it with the locals or expat splendour?

Then, assuming you aren't loaded with cash, you'll need work. Ask yourself who you think in a country in Europe would employ you. What skills do you and your fiancee have which are attractive enough for a foreigner to consider paying you money and overlooking your lack of local language skills for (during, as you point out, a recession)?

Once you know the answer to these questions, you should be able to narrow down your choices a bit and make your selection a lot easier.

Good luck!