Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where in Europe, if..

Where in Europe, if..

Old Feb 4th 2009, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold
Default Where in Europe, if..

Here is a new twist to the living in Europe scenario. Most people that move seem to have families, are retired or need to find work in Europe before they can move.

In my case, I am single and don't need to find a job as I work online. What would be a good place in Europe that has warm weather most of the year, is close to the beach and has a good population of singles in their late 20s and 30s. It would be nice to have a decent amount of expats as well.

The only options I can think of are around larger cities like possibly Barcelona or maybe Nice. I spent a winter in Marbella and over all I found it a little on the quiet side, except on weekends when you get people coming over from the UK.

Any ideas?
Old Feb 4th 2009, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where in Europe, if..

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
Here is a new twist to the living in Europe scenario. Most people that move seem to have families, are retired or need to find work in Europe before they can move.

In my case, I am single and don't need to find a job as I work online. What would be a good place in Europe that has warm weather most of the year, is close to the beach and has a good population of singles in their late 20s and 30s. It would be nice to have a decent amount of expats as well.

The only options I can think of are around larger cities like possibly Barcelona or maybe Nice. I spent a winter in Marbella and over all I found it a little on the quiet side, except on weekends when you get people coming over from the UK.

Any ideas?
By picking Nice & Marbella maybe you're actually picking on style/etc as one of your requirements? Otherwise I'd suggest Malaga - expats perhaps not actually in Malaga but generally up & down the coast, don't know the population of 20s/30s singles but it's a big city, and weather? Well not at the moment but usually
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 9:18 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

What about Italy? Broadband is very fast in all the cities - my OH is having a mare of a time in Mijas with his broadband 2mg - whereas I have 20mg here in Florence. Out in the countryside it gets more difficult but you aren't looking for that.

For weather Southern Spain is more reliable all year round but in summer the temps here go over and above Spain. Nice is on the same latitude as Florence to give you an idea. Florence itself has very good nightlife as it is a big student city, mainly for US and Brits on language courses as part of their Uni studies, but also for Italians too. An example, good or not, Oasis are here tomorrow night. Plus, if you want it, you can have a bit of culture too! Other cities here to look at would be Rome, Milan, maybe Naples - depends how adventurous you are, Bologna, and possibly Pisa/Livorno.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
....Florence....
Going to the beach is a bit of a bitch though....
Old Mar 24th 2009, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Magdaa161 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Toontje
Going to the beach is a bit of a bitch though....
I'd say Lloret de Mar in Costa Brava
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:31 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Well if were going on Broadband Speeds why not a city in France as France Telcom(Orange) has rolled out Fiber Optic connections in some cities up to a 100 Meg is available check the maps first though

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Mar 24th 2009 at 4:34 pm.