What to do...

Old Aug 14th 2006, 5:55 pm
Don't Panic.

phobia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to do...

I have a dilemma.

I'm currently living with friends in Spain and it's time I moved away because work is rather non-existent where we live. My problem is, the only option I have is to move back to the UK (I _really_ don't want to do this though).

I have a friend in Geneva and she told me that there are a lot of international companies out there who are constantly looking for English speaking people. Fantastic I thought, and then the problems began to unfold.

I can search many company and recruitment sites for jobs, but what if I were to get an interview? It'd cost a lot of money going to and from Spain to Switzerland.

So I guess here are my only two viable options.

1. Go out to Geneva, get a place to rent and hope I find work very soon.

2. Go back to the UK and well.. work and hope something might turn up.

If anyone has had a similar experience or has any practical advice, I'd love to hear it because I'm all out of ideas.

A little background work history: I have some IT experience, office admin experience as well as the usual UK dead-end jobs experience. I have diplomas equivalent to A levels and I started university (BSc Computer Science), but left near the end of the first year.

Sorry this post is so long, but thanks for your time.
Old Aug 14th 2006, 7:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do...

Ask your friend if she can put you up for a while in Geneva, and look for a job there first.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:29 am
Don't Panic.

phobia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What to do...

Originally Posted by jdr
Ask your friend if she can put you up for a while in Geneva, and look for a job there first.
Alas, I'd already thought of that, but she's going to spend a year in China next month.