Reload this Page >

U.S with criminal record and wanting to apply for resident visa in UK

U.S with criminal record and wanting to apply for resident visa in UK

Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

styli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default U.S with criminal record and wanting to apply for resident visa in UK

Hi

My partner is a green card holder in the US and is looking to apply for a resident visa in the Uk. However he has a criminal record, will this affect his application? He has been charged with domestic battery in 2005 but wasnt imprisoned. He was put on probation for a year. Does he have a chance or isnt there any point? Please help!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 2:50 am
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.S with criminal record and wanting to apply for resident visa in UK

Originally Posted by styli
Hi

My partner is a green card holder in the US and is looking to apply for a resident visa in the Uk. However he has a criminal record, will this affect his application? He has been charged with domestic battery in 2005 but wasnt imprisoned. He was put on probation for a year. Does he have a chance or isnt there any point? Please help!
Did he assault you in 2005? If so, dump him and move on to greener pastures!
Old Dec 30th 2007, 9:09 am
Just Joined

styli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: U.S with criminal record and wanting to apply for resident visa in UK

No he did not. Believe it or not he is innocent. The person involved actually told the police in the end that he didnt assault them, but they choose to continue with the charges. Its seems hard to believe but I was there and saw everything. :curse: It was total injustice on their part!