Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Train from prague to Krakow

Train from prague to Krakow

Old Feb 4th 2004, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyonthemove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Train from prague to Krakow

Don't know if any one can help, but we have been advised not to get the night train between these two cities due to the high levels of crime. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get a private berth/cabin (whatever its called) and what the cost would be. Or what the cost is for a normal seat on this trip.

Thanks.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Peter Tomo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Train from prague to Krakow

Originally posted by Tonyonthemove
Don't know if any one can help, but we have been advised not to get the night train between these two cities due to the high levels of crime. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get a private berth/cabin (whatever its called) and what the cost would be. Or what the cost is for a normal seat on this trip.
Thanks.
I'm relating my Prague<->Kosice(Slovakia) experience, probably would do.

You should hold purse/travel documents on your body, and have your luggage/bags under your legs if you want to sleep in common sitting compartement (either you sitting or sleeping accross the 4 places).

Sleeping compartments/cabins are comfortable, you get what you paid for. There's also the risk of thieves but only amongst those 2-6 persons in the compartment. You can book+buy the place at the railway station or buy it directly on train provided there are free places (usually they are).

Don't know whether you can find info at UK. If you knew German, use www.bahn.de, Prague -> Krakow. Otherwise:

http://www.cd.cz/ (Czech Railways) --->
odkud: Praha
kam: Krakow
click "Hledej" --> new window
--> click English flag at the bottom

Example:

Praha hl.n.
Krakow Glowny
5:48 21:16
F 201 SILESIA

Click on train link to get more info. Couchettes and sleepers. I roughly guess couchette/sleeper add-on to ticket price to be about EUR30 (I didn't travel that route).

Cheers,

Peter