Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

SLOVENIA TOURISM

SLOVENIA TOURISM

Old Jan 9th 2014, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice
Default SLOVENIA TOURISM

January 5th Sunday Times Travel section had a big article ' Wild Water, Cosy Nights' - about white water rafting, mainly in the US but there was a few column inches ( hope that saying didn't change with metric?) on Slo.
" There are plenty of refit-worthy rivers in the Alps and Dolomites, but, according to David Leatherborough, of the English White Water Rafting Committee, europes most satisfying paddling is to be had in summer on the Soca.
One company has 8 days mucking about in boats, tubing, kayaking, hydro speeding, canyoning, biking and paragliding from £999, including flights
I feel exhausted just typing those activities out..!!
Best to all, M
Old Jan 12th 2014, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Sir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really nice
Default Re: SLOVENIA TOURISM

Free advert for a company selling v pricey holidays - I wonder if the journalist/Sunday Times admitted he enjoyed the experience at the host's expense? Because, 97.5% certainty, he/she did.

Beware travel articles of all sorts, they all seem to leave you wanting to go there - funny, eh?
H lFL
Old Jan 12th 2014, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

Harry you must have read the piece as I purposely did not name the company even though I knew someone who was with the company in the seventies and drove 'holiday makers' to Iran and other exotic locations.......
I find it hard to believe your view of the STimes and freebies, or as we used to call them - Fam Trips, not that I have ever availed myself of one !
I have of course undertaken many of the activities mentioned in Slo and on the Soca and just pleased I did not need an undertaker!
Perhaps you could post about wine tourism as I understand you like a tipple now and then?
Best, Michael
Old Jan 14th 2014, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

I see that there is a touch of snow in the air today in Kranjska-gora but the temp will mean it will more than likely melt.
Those of you on the ground or can advise from their locations what is the general situation in the Slo resorts. Vogel looked OK on web cam but also wondered if the lack of snow is having a big impact on tourism? KG seems mighty quiet with nobody about today and I guess with 2 small novice lifts open
Those from Ljubljana will not bother to go, probably heading for Austria and Italy to spend their hard earned euros.
Not booked yet so keeping fingers crossed.
Michael
Old Jan 18th 2014, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Saturday, 16th and I can count on one hand, via the web cam, the number of people on the slopes in KG ! The weather in December and Jan seems to have been cloudy and dank and I think this and the lack of snow will have had such an impact on the economy of this ski area. The season here is so short although it opened a touch earlier than normal so let it snow let it snow.
Cheers everyone, Michael
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Sunday Times 16th Nov had a page on skiing and yes Kranjska-gora featured.
Not that anyone cares?!
M
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Brand new content on the kranjska-gora.si website today. Interesting but not sure in is as informative . Perhaps it will be when I get used to it. It is certainly more bold in design .
Try it but found getting it to English more tricky. Look for little hidden si on the right and EN pops up after a while.....
M