Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

A Slovenia Forum!!

A Slovenia Forum!!

Old Jan 25th 2013, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all
Default Re: A Slovenia Forum!!

Hi John - good to see you over here!
Old Jan 25th 2013, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

As a long-term friend of SLOvenia & SLOvenians , I wish everyone , BE Forum participants and all others concerned : all of the Best and to soon overcome the current , much reported difficulties and unpleasantries in the Alpe-Adria Land , Cheerz ,
In Good Faith ,
R.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

24digital24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all, This is great news seeing a Slovenian forum to be able to exchange comments and ideas.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 5:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 24digital24
Hello all, This is great news seeing a Slovenian forum to be able to exchange comments and ideas.
Yes, welcome :-)
Old Jan 26th 2013, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

Hi and welcome from the lovely snowy hills of Haloze

Last edited by booboo24; Jan 26th 2013 at 6:08 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 11:07 am
Just Joined

AdeleG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks!

I noticed someone had posted somewhere about Tesco in Hungary. Can anyone enlighten me - where is the nearest one to Slovenia and does anyone do any food runs there?

Thanks
Adele
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

mbkarl is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AdeleG
Hi folks!

I noticed someone had posted somewhere about Tesco in Hungary. Can anyone enlighten me - where is the nearest one to Slovenia and does anyone do any food runs there?

Thanks
Adele
Well from Maribor the one below is the nearest, I've not been for awhile. You kind of need to stock up to counter balance the petrol costs/hungarian vinjeta cost.

Are you after anything in particular?

TESCO Nagykanizsa Hipermarket
8800 Nagykanizsa, Boszorkány utca 2, Hungary
Old Jan 28th 2013, 4:30 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mbkarl
Well from Maribor the one below is the nearest, I've not been for awhile. You kind of need to stock up to counter balance the petrol costs/hungarian vinjeta cost.

Are you after anything in particular?

TESCO Nagykanizsa Hipermarket
8800 Nagykanizsa, Boszorkány utca 2, Hungary
Hey.... my current home town - go Kanisza Worth a visit, especially early on a Sunday when they have a huge boot fair/flea market alongside the daily indoor farmers market with fresh meat, fruit, veg etc Look out for the Oreg neni (old women) selling uunbelievablycheap pproducefrom their gardens. Chilies in the summer were about 80p a kilo!!!!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

I saw a car with English number plates on last time i was there, was that you?

Looked like a mother and daughter doing their shopping, I was going to say hello, but it would have looked quite weird "hello, i am from england too"
Old Jan 28th 2013, 5:01 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a car with English number plates on last time i was there, was that you?

Looked like a mother and daughter doing their shopping, I was going to say hello, but it would have looked quite weird "hello, i am from england too"
LOL not half as strange as some here.... I have heard tell of folk leaving notes on British plated cars and stalking pubs in villages that other Brits have been said to frequent - I kid you not.
What type of car was it?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

AdeleG is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies. Do they sell English products or just local stuff?

It's a bit far for me but with the price of flights these days I might consider a long weekend, taking in Lake Balaton (looks nice, any advice) plus a bit of shopping

Having finally got a Slovenia forum, now I'm posting about Hungary, woops!!!!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

It's a bit far for me but with the price of flights these days I might consider a long weekend, taking in Lake Balaton (looks nice, any advice) plus a bit of shopping

From what I've from people who have been to Tesco its not worth it!
I am heading out that way when the snow lays off for a while!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 6:13 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

They sell quite a few British brand foods though we tend not to buy brands and shop mostly at the market. Exceptions are Heinz mayo, flora, weetabix and baked beans.
I would book into Heviz or Zalakartos rather than the lakeside if coming for the weekend. Both have thermal spas and Heviz is a nice town in which to spend a weekend whereas Zalakaros is surrounded by the nature reserve and forest walks.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
LOL not half as strange as some here.... I have heard tell of folk leaving notes on British plated cars and stalking pubs in villages that other Brits have been said to frequent - I kid you not.
What type of car was it?
oh this was over 6 months ago, the car was either black or blue, sorry thats all i remember

Tesco is ok, you can get some stuff from back "home" that you can't get in Slovenia. Also Lasko is cheaper there than in Slovenia??!!!!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:21 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

oh this was over 6 months ago, the car was either black or blue, sorry thats all i remember

Tesco is ok, you can get some stuff from back "home" that you can't get in Slovenia. Also Lasko is cheaper there than in Slovenia??!!!!
Might have been me. My car is dark blue, daughter is 13 with long dark hair.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.