British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Europe (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/)
-   -   Sky TV in 2004 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/sky-tv-2004-a-201347/)

SatUK Jan 9th 2004 5:37 pm

Sky TV in 2004

We get many requests a week from Expats about Sky TV
If you want to keep up with everything that is happening
on Sky please join our FREE monthly Newletter which you
can join at www.SatUK.com. If any of you want any advice
about Skydigiboxes or Sky cards whether you got them from us
or not, please feel free to contact usat [email protected]

and by the way happy New Year from a wet and windy Devon

Graham

jdr Jan 10th 2004 7:16 am

I see the link is keeping up with the standard of Sky

"Total shite" :D :D Even worse than the MAÑANA SYNDROME.

SatUK Jan 10th 2004 7:23 am

SKy is "shite"?

Sorry you feel like that JDR - several thousand people over there seem to think Sky is great.

Never mind - everyone to their own

Have a good 2004:beer:

SatUK Jan 10th 2004 7:31 am

Sky is "shite"?

Yes sorry JDR - I see what you mean - you were I think referring to the link to our Newsletter. I am sorry, I do agree. We only have a small server apparently with BT Openworld and because a lot of people subscribed last month it would not let us send all the newsletters out at one go and there were too many to do individually. So yes I will agree with you on this one - this time. I thought you meant Sky when you were actually talking about the quality of our link to our newsletter I think - I stand corrected. Hopefully I have it sorted for February.

I would like your email to send you a copy for your honest opinion.

Graham

jdr Jan 10th 2004 1:20 pm

Not your fault about the newsletter, i understand about the problems with sites, i used to run one on NTL..:D

You will not convince me SKY is any good in Spain, Too many ads, overpriced," cable is half the price", extra payments for any good programs " but we cant get anyway, no telephone link "
The only reason its used is because cable is not available everywhere, and people are to lazy to learn Spanish and watch local TV.

You are right about the number of expats who illegally use the Sky service here....but then after using it for the contract time, how many have closed their accounts because of the cost and the rubbish content.

In England i had Sky when it first came out, they seemed to run it OK for a nominal cost with hardly any adds. then the adds started, and not content with just the ad fees, they started the spiraling cost of the packages. Sadly this always happens when there is no competition.
Regards John

Manc Jan 10th 2004 3:08 pm

Alright again Graham! :D

Hey jdr, have a pint in Johnnies bar for me, and tell that sod that Newcastle United are shite!

WBB Jan 10th 2004 3:41 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by manc1976
Alright again Graham! :D

Newcastle United are shite!

we will see tomorrow at 4pm;)

jdr Jan 10th 2004 4:36 pm

manc1976

Where is Johnies bar, i could do with a pint :D or :beer: :beer:

SatUK Jan 11th 2004 10:46 am

I,m up for a pint too

All the best Manc - count me in for a pint too :beer: :beer: :beer:

deedee26 Jan 11th 2004 9:18 pm

Okay guys I need some help - p - l - e - a - s - e .

I am buying a new place in Calahonda that will be cabled for 'satellite tv'. I have been in contact with one company in that part of the world and they have quoted me 630 euros to install Sky!!! :confused:

I wanted Sky merely because I'm used to it and I want to keep up with some of the programmes I'm familiar with back home. Last summer we were able to use it in Mijas - very successfully - maybe this was because we were relatively high-up? But I guess I should be looking at 'cable' anyway?

(By the way jdr - I am learning Spanish :lecture: but I want far more TV choice than they have to offer. I know - it's sad! :zzz: )

- So, if SATUK can tell me why it's so expensive to have Sky installed in Spain - I'd be really interested to know. AND/OR -

- If jdr can give me pointers as where I might get 'cable' and give me the name of the supplier. AND/OR -

- Someone can tell me if whether I should apply for a second digibox here and take it with me to Spain.

I'd be really grateful.

Many thanks all,

deedee/

ps: The canny lads did well this afternoon!:PARTY:

Manc Jan 12th 2004 3:11 pm

Originally posted by jdr
manc1976

Where is Johnies bar, i could do with a pint :D or :beer: :beer:
it is over the square from the Minerva apartments if memory serves me correctly.
not been to benalmadena in about 3 years. My Grandparents own an apartment in that neck of the woods.

jdr Jan 12th 2004 7:11 pm

[QUOTE]it is over the square from the Minerva apartments if memory serves me correctly.
not been to benalmadena in about 3 years. My Grandparents own an apartment in that neck of the woods.

Yeah i know where you mean, "bonanza square" they must be one of the few bars there that haven`t changed hands just lately.
You will be pleased to know that the church opposite Minerva is now finished. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
The mad old priest there used to ring the bells every 15 mins 24/7, but they have stopped him ding donging during the night, well the bells anyway.:D :D

Manc Jan 12th 2004 7:13 pm

Originally posted by jdr
"bonanza square"
ding ding ding............

thanks, couldn't remember the name for the life of me.

jdr Jan 12th 2004 7:14 pm

Why dont my quote end up like yours ??¿¿ :confused: :o

Manc Jan 12th 2004 7:51 pm

[/quote]

needs to be at the end of the quote.