Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

scrap man in malaga ?

scrap man in malaga ?

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default scrap man in malaga ?

i´m sure there is one, u see all the old boys stopping at skips and stuff, pulling out all the aluminum...

anyone know where the scrap man is ? i get alot of rubbish, chrome, old taps, copper tubing when i´m labouring, and its all going in the skips anyone know where the scrap man is? or if there is one at all ?
Old Jul 4th 2004, 10:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: scrap man in malaga ?

Originally posted by bfg69bug
i´m sure there is one, u see all the old boys stopping at skips and stuff, pulling out all the aluminum...

anyone know where the scrap man is ? i get alot of rubbish, chrome, old taps, copper tubing when i´m labouring, and its all going in the skips anyone know where the scrap man is? or if there is one at all ?
Most of the stuff pulled out the skips goes to boot sales

Never seen a scrapyard though, got to be one on the big poligimo off the 340 between airport and Malaga. there seems to be everything else there
Old Jul 5th 2004, 3:12 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bfg69bug

In my experience in Spain, if you simply put the scrap metal out with the trash, the nightly cadre of gypsies who pick thru the garbage cans for metal, cardboard and other recyclables will haul it off for you. If you are wanting to sell it yourself, there should be a "chatarreria" nearby that buys scrap/cardboard. We had one right in our local barrio. Look in the yellow pages for chatarra, or chatarreria.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jdr
Most of the stuff pulled out the skips goes to boot sales

Never seen a scrapyard though, got to be one on the big poligimo off the 340 between airport and Malaga. there seems to be everything else there
nah.. i mean when a lil old man stops on a building /reform site, and asks if he can take the ally doors. when u say "yer sure, no worries"..he sits there..smashes the glass out, pulls out a screwdriver, takes the door frame to pieces, pulls out a hacksaw, cuts it up into small pieces, stacks it all on his moto, and rides away

tell me about it, i´ve made a few bob from people throwing good stuff out. picked up a sofa, gave it a clean, sold it for 100€ couple years ago mind, when i had my big van and i could do that

ironporer i could just throw it in the wheelie bin, but the idea is..i want to collect it and sell it ...cheers, just didn´t know wot they were called. i guessed there would be one on the guadalhorce, only u ever tried finding anything on thee without an address?? nightmare.. its worse than brixton on a saturday night