Reload this Page >

Required Licences in UK and Europe

Required Licences in UK and Europe

Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

warrigal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Required Licences in UK and Europe

all seems very diificult now

I am looking at getting one of those 1970/ 1980 UNIMOG Small truck tractors, there not that big but the weight puts them into a truck classification 7.5 ton

I am trying to get european licence but if you do have to be a resident of a european country to get rego it will be difficult.

I know we are in the age of post 911 terrorism where no country wants any one getiing licences and authority permits, but this is rediculous

Another thing that i thought stange with the motoring gov web site it says that you can drive any vehicle that you drive into the UK

I was completely prepare to get a provisional entilement for C1 licence and do a course of training in the uk Southhampton has a School c1 busses , vans ans Abulances.

Last edited by warrigal; Aug 20th 2009 at 12:11 am.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 7:36 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by warrigal View Post
all seems very diificult now

I am looking at getting one of those 1970/ 1980 UNIMOG Small truck tractors, there not that big but the weight puts them into a truck classification 7.5 ton

I am trying to get european licence but if you do have to be a resident of a european country to get rego it will be difficult.

I know we are in the age of post 911 terrorism where no country wants any one getiing licences and authority permits, but this is rediculous

Another thing that i thought stange with the motoring gov web site it says that you can drive any vehicle that you drive into the UK

I was completely prepare to get a provisional entilement for C1 licence and do a course of training in the uk Southhampton has a School c1 busses , vans ans Abulances.
buy something smaller and think of the fuel you will save on the trip.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr View Post
buy something smaller and think of the fuel you will save on the trip.
so you all drive trucks sorry lorrys
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

so you all drive trucks sorry lorrys
Dah dago, forte lorres inarow, demnot lorres demis trucks fillwiv catsanens anducks.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy View Post
Showing your age there!! a newly qualified car license holder is no longer allowed to drive 7.5 tonne!!! , now limited to 3.5 tonne, I think this has been the case for over ten years!!
No I'm not showing my age. You can drive a 7.5 tonner on a normal car licence. I've done it. Not sure if there a restriction on newly qualified licence holders though[/QUOTE]

eeerrr thats what I said.
Old Aug 24th 2009, 10:38 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor View Post
No I'm not showing my age. You can drive a 7.5 tonner on a normal car licence. I've done it. Not sure if there a restriction on newly qualified licence holders though
eeerrr thats what I said.[/quote]

Not really. For those who passed their tests before 2000 nothing has changed at all
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

hmmm
Old Sep 20th 2009, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

this website I when though for EU Drivers Licence was a SCAM
http://www.idrivinglicence.com/eu/en/index.html

I got ripped of 9000 Hugarian money
Old Sep 21st 2009, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Can any one help Can I you'se one you people from the UK on this forum
Home address (I have no relatives in the UK) Hower the family of DEEM oringinal came from there 1870 Herofordshire.

If I had an address I could apply for change over of AustraliaN Licence car to B class Car then get apply for Provisional entilement C1 lorry etc

My plan is to come to the UK next year to work on a visa.
I would then do a lorry driving course

yes I am Australian there should me any problem with me coming to the UK I have no conviction at all and have skills in industry, Child care, aged care disability care, youth work, Storeperson, Groundscare

can any one help yes no
Old Sep 21st 2009, 10:27 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Can any one help Can I you'se one you people from the UK on this forum
Home address (I have no relatives in the UK) Hower the family of DEEM oringinal came from there 1870 Herofordshire.

If I had an address I could apply for change over of AustraliaN Licence car to B class Car then get apply for Provisional entilement C1 lorry etc

My plan is to come to the UK next year to work on a visa.
I would then do a lorry driving course

yes I am Australian there should me any problem with me coming to the UK I have no conviction at all and have skills in industry, Child care, aged care disability care, youth work, Storeperson, Groundscare

can any one help yes no

Contact the DVLA on how you can change your DL.
http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo View Post
Contact the DVLA on how you can change your DL.
http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/
I have Not residents ( HOME in UK) NO Drivers licence
Must be resident of UK 185 days

My problem is I only have a Car licence it will take too long to get truck hear in Australia, so I though i I can go to England change over car licence then get provisional entilement C1, do a course get licence, but 185 before you have to live in the UK
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

correction to miss prints
I have contacted the DVLA after first being told that my Australian Licence could change over I applied for a UK Provisiional, when I did this it was then stated to me that I could not have a UK Provisional because I don't have residency of the UK, May come there next year Working Visa is temporarilly there resedencecy. No residencey NO Uk licence application and No C1 I am also affect by the ruling that a B class should be held for some time before upgrateding to C1.
I have looked at Germany but over there I have to be complety retested for even B class.

Last edited by warrigal; Sep 24th 2009 at 9:07 am.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 9:52 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

correction to miss prints
I have contacted the DVLA after first being told that my Australian Licence could change over I applied for a UK Provisiional, when I did this it was then stated to me that I could not have a UK Provisional because I don't have residency of the UK, May come there next year Working Visa is temporarilly there resedencecy. No residencey NO Uk licence application and No C1 I am also affect by the ruling that a B class should be held for some time before upgrateding to C1.
I have looked at Germany but over there I have to be complety retested for even B class.
No matter where you go in the EU you will have to have a residency to obtain a DL. Hopefully you speak German as the test and forms will obviously be in the language.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Cool Re: Required Licences in UK and Europe

no good with a Germany DL you have to do a complete reassesment and Knowledge test and pactical test .
It has been hard enough to get a DL in Australia Over $3000 AUD (6000 EURO)
equiventlent, and I am Not a young driver that you would expect it to be difficult for.

France looks promising in that there is an argeement between australia and france, a web site suggest that a licence could be charged over to a equivelent class, don't know about residency

thanks anyway CASA SANTO
Old Nov 17th 2009, 6:43 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that you wanted to go for a tour in Europe. I'm sure that you could hire or buy a van and drive it round Europe for as long as you want and you are licensed to do so I think. A 3 ton truck is gigantic - it can carry 20 people - or 3 tons of stores. You probably don't need that amount of stuff in Europe. A car full would be more than enough perhaps!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.