Reload this Page >

Reform Plan: Higher VAT Unofficially / Real Estate Tax

Reform Plan: Higher VAT Unofficially / Real Estate Tax

Old Apr 25th 2013, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

mbkarl is on a distinguished road
Default Reform Plan: Higher VAT Unofficially / Real Estate Tax

http://www.sloveniatimes.com/higher-...in-reform-plan

Oh dear, this is not good news. 22% VAT is criminal but if you look past that, a real estate tax.

A real estate tax would kill off the country, allot of older people here have big houses some with land, it'll be interesting to see the rate they bring this in at.

If this is too high, it could be Slovenia's poll tax moment

Last edited by mbkarl; Apr 25th 2013 at 9:54 am. Reason: corrected figures
Old Apr 25th 2013, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all
Default Re: Reform Plan: Higher VAT Unofficially / Real Estate Tax

Wasn't a real estate tax mooted a little while back?

The daft thing is that the land is only worth what someone will pay for it and nobody is buying. I don't see how they can really make this work.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

mbkarl is on a distinguished road

This one of Janković's great ideas along with a VAT increase, both look likely to go through. It is like he is ruling via the back door.

Alenka has no new ideas, I don't see how increasing the tax burden on citizens will kick start the economy.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all

Yeah, it seems like most of the proposed measures are about trying to stave off a bail out and there's not much going on to boost the economy in spite of recent promises to start looking at investment from outside.

Increased VAT PLUS the further pay cuts to public sector workers is only going to see people spend even less.
Old May 2nd 2013, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

AntsMcMurdosch is an unknown quantity at this point

They're not really learning any of the lessons from other countries, are they?

Maybe there's not a single Keynesian in the country?

I sat down with a Slovenian accountant a few months ago to see if I can set up business there and retain what UK customers I can, and hope that I can get some business in Slovenia, but it seems pretty grim tax-wise. Furthermore, my girlfriend who lives and works here as a sole trader asked if it would be possible for Slovenian customers to pay their invoices into her personal account, since we're in the EU and she pays tax here. No, was the answer, despite the fact that legally there shouldn't be anything wrong with it (she's a self-employed person, not trading as a company/separate entity).

Grim.