Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Recession in China - good news or bad news for Europe?

Recession in China - good news or bad news for Europe?

Old Aug 16th 2015, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recession in China - good news or bad news for Europe?

Originally Posted by iano View Post
The US economy is currently growing faster and in a healthier state than either the EU or China, therefore a modest increase in prices to compensate for fewer exports to China will have an effect, but not the effect you'd have in the EU upping the price of, say, a BMW in the Club Med marketplace. Simplistic I know, but you get my drift.

I don't think there's an economic whizz kid anywhere on the planet is there ? Don't remember any in 2007 !

They're all just winging it, what works for the US doesn't necessarily work for China, and vice versa, too many variables.
Your right there Lano

But still not sure how that 'Trillions of dollars of debts has simple disappeared? even if the economy is now growing If it's just a matter of printing money I'll get my junior printer set out now...
Old Aug 16th 2015, 7:58 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Your right there Lano

But still not sure how that 'Trillions of dollars of debts has simple disappeared? even if the economy is now growing If it's just a matter of printing money I'll get my junior printer set out now...
Who isn't printing money? US, China, Japan and Europe all are.
Old Aug 22nd 2015, 1:10 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

An interesting article here on Chinese economic woes and perhaps reason for some small hope:-

https://www.share.com/blog/2015/july...oes-it-matter/

It's troubling that we don't really know what's going on, thanks to manipulated country data,
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

IVV, I may be wrong, (I often am) but IMO the China brouhaha is simply the least kick of the summer before the big boys get back to their desks.
The devaluation was a drop in the ocean compared to the rise in value of the last six months - the other side of the dollar coin. The drop in oil price will have an even greater beneficial effect on Chinese industry.
It is a storm in a tea-cup.

I hope
Old Aug 23rd 2015, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigglesworth View Post
IVV, I may be wrong, (I often am) but IMO the China brouhaha is simply the least kick of the summer before the big boys get back to their desks.
The devaluation was a drop in the ocean compared to the rise in value of the last six months - the other side of the dollar coin. The drop in oil price will have an even greater beneficial effect on Chinese industry.

I hope

Tend to agree Biggles steadying the ship before the release of the Renimbi in 2016...I also hope
Old Aug 24th 2015, 6:35 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Uk luxury car manufactuers already reporting a fall in sales.
Old Aug 24th 2015, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I never quite get this..It's like reporting on a group climbing Everest what an achievement when they get to the top..Inevitable though .they have to come down! It's not sustainable to remain there.Why does business feel that they are entitled to remain at the top? Not only that but go to a higher peak thats actually not there? Is it really shareholders pushing? Or is it like that mysterious woman shopper who insisted on red apples of the same size? another myth
Old Aug 24th 2015, 3:22 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigglesworth View Post

I hope
Tend to agree Biggles steadying the ship before the release of the Renimbi in 2016...I also hope
I wish I had your faith Biggles and GeniB. And I wish even more that the markets had it too
Old Aug 24th 2015, 4:05 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

My financial advisor was trying to connvince me a few weeks ago that the market had bottomed out and that it was the time to get back in.
Glad I did not listen to him.
He too thought that the fall in the Chinese market was just a blip.
Old Aug 24th 2015, 4:10 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Why does business feel that they are entitled to remain at the top? Not only that but go to a higher peak thats actually not there? Is it really shareholders pushing? Or is it like that mysterious woman shopper who insisted on red apples of the same size? another myth
Any business has an obligation to perform well for its shareholders. Publicly traded companies don't attract investors when there's no growth or decline. Who wants to invest in a commodity that only breaks even or loses value?
Old Aug 24th 2015, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas View Post
I wish I had your faith Biggles and GeniB. And I wish even more that the markets had it too
For future reference IVV I am often a reliable contra-indicator. But also often just ahead of the curve.

I just wish I could tell when or which?
Old Aug 24th 2015, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Any business has an obligation to perform well for its shareholders. Publicly traded companies don't attract investors when there's no growth or decline. Who wants to invest in a commodity that only breaks even or loses value?
It has got to the stage where only huge profit is acceptable.A good company can be destroyed by greedy shareholders. Reason Richard Branson and others took theres out of the market. Growth is fine in moderation
Old Aug 24th 2015, 8:03 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

It has got to the stage where only huge profit is acceptable.A good company can be destroyed by greedy shareholders. Reason Richard Branson and others took theres out of the market. Growth is fine in moderation
And there are plenty of investors that are perfectly happy with that. After all, moderate growth over time is far better than what the banks will give you.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
And there are plenty of investors that are perfectly happy with that. After all, moderate growth over time is far better than what the banks will give you.

It's the crazy stuff that I worry about..Look at the Banks and what happened there

Whats the betting (pun) that the Americans have been 'betting' like mad at the Renimbi going down.

It seems the chinese problem is internal. The amount of money borrowed by Chainese to invest in the Stock market tripled in the last 12 months,fuelling the SM rise..Now that the economy has cooled (even a few %) and the government has just stopped supporting the inflated SM the mountain of borrowings is driving the market down as people flee the disaster..
Old Aug 27th 2015, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

IVV I may be mad but I dipped my toe in yesterday and again today.
IMO this will all calm down when the big boys get back to their desks in a week or two. Whilst the markets may have been a bit toppy, is it a real reflection of value when the UK - widely seen as one of the strongest economies of the last few years - retraced to five year lows, whilst France and Germany did not even test last year?

There, colours nailed to the mast!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.