Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

R U still about ??¿¿

R U still about ??¿¿

Old Mar 28th 2004, 6:54 pm
  #1  
jdr
RETIRED ;-))
Thread Starter
 
jdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Benalmadena Pueblo,Spain
Posts: 20,160
jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default R U still about ??¿¿

Dolphingirl are you still about ?, i haven`t seen any of your comments lately.
You haven`t been washed away by all the rain have you ?
jdr is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:26 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
Mercedes's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Depends
Posts: 4,041
Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: R U still about ??¿¿

She is away at the moment, jdr. Know she has has some probs with her telephone line also. But next time she's back I'll give her coffee and lend her mine.......we found out that we dont live too far away from each other.

Crazy weather hey? How r u on your mountain top, haven't slid away?

Mercedes.



Originally posted by jdr
Dolphingirl are you still about ?, i haven`t seen any of your comments lately.
You haven`t been washed away by all the rain have you ?
Mercedes is offline  
Old Mar 29th 2004, 2:54 pm
  #3  
jdr
RETIRED ;-))
Thread Starter
 
jdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Benalmadena Pueblo,Spain
Posts: 20,160
jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Thanks for the reply, glad she`s ok.
Cant believe the rain, worse than last year i think.
No slides where we are but on the road from Mijas heights to Alhaurin there were a few this morning on the way to work..

On Saturday went to the new shopping centre at Fuengirola near Dunnes and the road was like a river, glad ive got a 4 x 4..
The centre is better than La Canada, trouble is the misses wanted to buy everything typical....
jdr is offline  
Old Mar 29th 2004, 4:28 pm
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
Mercedes's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Depends
Posts: 4,041
Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Heard there was a new shopping centre but didnt know where it was, right I shall have to go for a wander...........without my credit cards,

Went down to Puerto Banus last night and parts of it was under water, since I have a very low car and havent got a periscope, ended up having to come back via the motorway from San Ped. But not that keen driving on the N340 when its like this, too many idiots who dont know how to drive and then too many accidents. :scared:

The forecast says more rain, so no worries about having to water the plants this week though I might have to give them swimming lessons........,



Originally posted by jdr
Thanks for the reply, glad she`s ok.
Cant believe the rain, worse than last year i think.
No slides where we are but on the road from Mijas heights to Alhaurin there were a few this morning on the way to work..

On Saturday went to the new shopping centre at Fuengirola near Dunnes and the road was like a river, glad ive got a 4 x 4..
The centre is better than La Canada, trouble is the misses wanted to buy everything typical....
Mercedes is offline  
Old Mar 29th 2004, 6:17 pm
  #5  
jdr
RETIRED ;-))
Thread Starter
 
jdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Benalmadena Pueblo,Spain
Posts: 20,160
jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default

There is a turnoff to the centre just near where Dunnes roundabout used to be, but if its anything like last week getting out was a nightmare.
It is prob best to park in Dunnes and cross the bridge over to it and like you say leave your money at home.....
jdr is offline  
Old Mar 29th 2004, 10:56 pm
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Alhaurin el Grande, Malaga
Posts: 923
bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default

tell me about jdr.. went to benalmadena sunday afternoon...and u know to get there i have to drive from alhaurin to mijas and then fuengerola, along the n340 to benelmadena...


the road alhaurin > mijas was a nightmare. could hardly see and there were rock falls all over the place. coming round corners and there were big rocks in the road...doing that road in the dark is bad enough, doing it in the rain is hell
bfg69bug is offline  
Old Mar 30th 2004, 9:38 am
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
 
Mercedes's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Depends
Posts: 4,041
Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Came back from Ojen in simillar conditions, you really appreciate cats eyes when there arent any, dont know your way but it gets foggy when it rains, I've nearly driven over the cliff a few times, I think I'm going to have to pack my parachute just in case.......roof off, and drive with umbrealla.tied to my head rest

I have a friend in Alharin Torre and the soil is disappearing around her house in landslides which is a bit of a worry, especially if this rain keeps up.


Originally posted by bfg69bug
tell me about jdr.. went to benalmadena sunday afternoon...and u know to get there i have to drive from alhaurin to mijas and then fuengerola, along the n340 to benelmadena...


the road alhaurin > mijas was a nightmare. could hardly see and there were rock falls all over the place. coming round corners and there were big rocks in the road...doing that road in the dark is bad enough, doing it in the rain is hell
Mercedes is offline  
Old Mar 30th 2004, 6:49 pm
  #8  
jdr
RETIRED ;-))
Thread Starter
 
jdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Benalmadena Pueblo,Spain
Posts: 20,160
jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Originally posted by bfg69bug
tell me about jdr.. went to benalmadena sunday afternoon...and u know to get there i have to drive from alhaurin to mijas and then fuengerola, along the n340 to benelmadena...


the road alhaurin > mijas was a nightmare. could hardly see and there were rock falls all over the place. coming round corners and there were big rocks in the road...doing that road in the dark is bad enough, doing it in the rain is hell
We went home the Churrianaway way, it was fine till we got to the Mayors plaza bit where it joins the 340, big flood but got through ok in the frontera cos its quite high. Although its slightly quicker that way its 15K longer trip
jdr is offline  
Old Mar 31st 2004, 11:42 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Dolphingirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Malaga
Posts: 126
Dolphingirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: R U still about ??¿¿

Hello, haven't been washed away, my house is still standing and my telephone line is still causing me problems, They have a funny attitude over here, I want a second line in and Telefonica are okay about it, even gave me my new number, buuuuuuuutttt the engineers can't be bothered to put the line in and it's only 100 m. mutter mutter mutter.

Anyway glad to see everyone is still amongst the living, if this rain keeps up I may get my jetski out and go the sea route, I hear it may be quicker.....so if you see a blond chick with high heels and shopping bags jumping over the waves......it's not me I used to have a fan club in Fuengirola, so got a street cred to keep up, even the guardia know me....there again it would be a laugh to do......and wave sweetly to those stuck in floods,

Right I'm in a playful mood so I shall go and see who I can play with....I'm on a time limit so better be quick..

DolphinGirl


Originally posted by jdr
Dolphingirl are you still about ?, i haven`t seen any of your comments lately.
You haven`t been washed away by all the rain have you ?
Dolphingirl is offline  
Old Mar 31st 2004, 7:55 pm
  #10  
jdr
RETIRED ;-))
Thread Starter
 
jdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Benalmadena Pueblo,Spain
Posts: 20,160
jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: R U still about ??¿¿

Originally posted by Dolphingirl
Hello, haven't been washed away, my house is still standing and my telephone line is still causing me problems, They have a funny attitude over here, I want a second line in and Telefonica are okay about it, even gave me my new number, buuuuuuuutttt the engineers can't be bothered to put the line in and it's only 100 m. mutter mutter mutter.

Anyway glad to see everyone is still amongst the living, if this rain keeps up I may get my jetski out and go the sea route, I hear it may be quicker.....so if you see a blond chick with high heels and shopping bags jumping over the waves......it's not me I used to have a fan club in Fuengirola, so got a street cred to keep up, even the guardia know me....there again it would be a laugh to do......and wave sweetly to those stuck in floods,

Right I'm in a playful mood so I shall go and see who I can play with....I'm on a time limit so better be quick..

DolphinGirl
What you gonna play ??
jdr is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.