British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Europe (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/)
-   -   R U still about ??¿¿ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/r-u-still-about-%C3%83%E2%80%9A%C3%82%C2%BF%C3%83%E2%80%9A%C3%82%C2%BF-220487/)

jdr Mar 28th 2004 6:54 pm

R U still about ??¿¿

Dolphingirl are you still about ?, i haven`t seen any of your comments lately.
You haven`t been washed away by all the rain have you ? :cool:

Mercedes Mar 28th 2004 9:26 pm

Re: R U still about ??¿¿

She is away at the moment, jdr. Know she has has some probs with her telephone line also. But next time she's back I'll give her coffee and lend her mine.......we found out that we dont live too far away from each other.

Crazy weather hey? How r u on your mountain top, haven't slid away?

Mercedes.

Originally posted by jdr

jdr Mar 29th 2004 2:54 pm

Thanks for the reply, glad she`s ok.
Cant believe the rain, worse than last year i think.
No slides where we are but on the road from Mijas heights to Alhaurin there were a few this morning on the way to work..

On Saturday went to the new shopping centre at Fuengirola near Dunnes and the road was like a river, glad ive got a 4 x 4..:D :D
The centre is better than La Canada, trouble is the misses wanted to buy everything :rolleyes: :rolleyes: typical....

Mercedes Mar 29th 2004 4:28 pm

Heard there was a new shopping centre but didnt know where it was, right I shall have to go for a wander...........without my credit cards, :D

Went down to Puerto Banus last night and parts of it was under water, since I have a very low car and havent got a periscope, ended up having to come back via the motorway from San Ped. But not that keen driving on the N340 when its like this, too many idiots who dont know how to drive and then too many accidents. :scared:

The forecast says more rain, so no worries about having to water the plants this week though I might have to give them swimming lessons........,:D :D

Originally posted by jdr
Thanks for the reply, glad she`s ok.
Cant believe the rain, worse than last year i think.
No slides where we are but on the road from Mijas heights to Alhaurin there were a few this morning on the way to work..

On Saturday went to the new shopping centre at Fuengirola near Dunnes and the road was like a river, glad ive got a 4 x 4..:D :D
The centre is better than La Canada, trouble is the misses wanted to buy everything :rolleyes: :rolleyes: typical....

jdr Mar 29th 2004 6:17 pm

There is a turnoff to the centre just near where Dunnes roundabout used to be, but if its anything like last week getting out was a nightmare.
It is prob best to park in Dunnes and cross the bridge over to it ;) and like you say leave your money at home.....

bfg69bug Mar 29th 2004 10:56 pm

tell me about jdr.. went to benalmadena sunday afternoon...and u know to get there i have to drive from alhaurin to mijas and then fuengerola, along the n340 to benelmadena...

the road alhaurin > mijas was a nightmare. could hardly see and there were rock falls all over the place. coming round corners and there were big rocks in the road...doing that road in the dark is bad enough, doing it in the rain is hell :(

Mercedes Mar 30th 2004 9:38 am

Came back from Ojen in simillar conditions, you really appreciate cats eyes when there arent any, dont know your way but it gets foggy when it rains, I've nearly driven over the cliff a few times, I think I'm going to have to pack my parachute just in case.......roof off, and drive with umbrealla.tied to my head rest:D

I have a friend in Alharin Torre and the soil is disappearing around her house in landslides which is a bit of a worry, especially if this rain keeps up.

Originally posted by bfg69bug
tell me about jdr.. went to benalmadena sunday afternoon...and u know to get there i have to drive from alhaurin to mijas and then fuengerola, along the n340 to benelmadena...

the road alhaurin > mijas was a nightmare. could hardly see and there were rock falls all over the place. coming round corners and there were big rocks in the road...doing that road in the dark is bad enough, doing it in the rain is hell :(

jdr Mar 30th 2004 6:49 pm

Originally posted by bfg69bug

We went home the Churrianaway way, it was fine till we got to the Mayors plaza bit where it joins the 340, big flood but got through ok in the frontera cos its quite high. Although its slightly quicker that way its 15K longer trip :(

Dolphingirl Mar 31st 2004 11:42 am

Hello, haven't been washed away, my house is still standing and my telephone line is still causing me problems, :) They have a funny attitude over here, I want a second line in and Telefonica are okay about it, even gave me my new number, buuuuuuuutttt the engineers can't be bothered to put the line in and it's only 100 m. mutter mutter mutter. :D

Anyway glad to see everyone is still amongst the living, if this rain keeps up I may get my jetski out and go the sea route, I hear it may be quicker.....so if you see a blond chick with high heels and shopping bags jumping over the waves......it's not me :D I used to have a fan club in Fuengirola, so got a street cred to keep up, even the guardia know me....there again it would be a laugh to do......and wave sweetly to those stuck in floods, :D :D

Right I'm in a playful mood so I shall go and see who I can play with....I'm on a time limit so better be quick..:cool:

DolphinGirl

Originally posted by jdr

jdr Mar 31st 2004 7:55 pm

Originally posted by Dolphingirl
Hello, haven't been washed away, my house is still standing and my telephone line is still causing me problems, :) They have a funny attitude over here, I want a second line in and Telefonica are okay about it, even gave me my new number, buuuuuuuutttt the engineers can't be bothered to put the line in and it's only 100 m. mutter mutter mutter. :D

Anyway glad to see everyone is still amongst the living, if this rain keeps up I may get my jetski out and go the sea route, I hear it may be quicker.....so if you see a blond chick with high heels and shopping bags jumping over the waves......it's not me :D I used to have a fan club in Fuengirola, so got a street cred to keep up, even the guardia know me....there again it would be a laugh to do......and wave sweetly to those stuck in floods, :D :D

Right I'm in a playful mood so I shall go and see who I can play with....I'm on a time limit so better be quick..:cool:

DolphinGirl
What you gonna play ??