British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Europe (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/)
-   -   Question About Work in Belgium (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/question-about-work-belgium-715543/)

Cedricjans May 3rd 2011 8:27 pm

Question About Work in Belgium

Hello People!

I am Belgian and My Girlfriend is Scottish. We're going to have to go back to Belgium due to some Family issues and My Girlfirend's employer wants to keep her working for him while being in Belgium. Most of her work can be done through Dropbox (internet). The thing is that we're probably going to stay in Belgium and not coming back to the UK. Is this possible or not?

Thanks

Cedricjans May 4th 2011 10:26 am

Re: Question About Work in Belgium

Just to let everybody know, I called Actiris in Belgium and all that My girlfirend will have to do is let the comune know that she is there and also go to Actiris and get a National number and they'll allow her to work for a scottish company from Belgium!! :D

Ray51 May 6th 2011 1:17 pm

Thanks for the upate !
Many , many expats think that Belgium is still one of the more desirable , easier to live / settle in places ;
just a few afternoons ago , I was walking my Schnauzer ( here , one can take a dog : almost everywhere ! ) past my nearby Carrefour supermarket ;
and there was a slim , sleek , chic attractive female , struggling to offload the contents of her trolley , into a little Fiat 500 cabrio ;
so , I helped her , with silly stuff like washing powder , pasta , veggies , spices , domestic cleaning products , meats , mineral waters ...
the I notice the ( French ) reg. plate on the little car is "75" - i.e. a Parisienne ?
So I politely asked her : why buy all this here ( where we normally all think it is all terribly expensive and we mostly seem to know that much of it would be cheaper/better/more choice of in Germany or Austria ) , is it not better in France ?
Non , she said , for what you get it is much better in Bru than in Paree ; and that all her family & friends agree...

Cedricjans May 6th 2011 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Ray51 (Post 9347220)
Thanks for the upate !
Many , many expats think that Belgium is still one of the more desirable , easier to live / settle in places ;
just a few afternoons ago , I was walking my Schnauzer ( here , one can take a dog : almost everywhere ! ) past my nearby Carrefour supermarket ;
and there was a slim , sleek , chic attractive female , struggling to offload the contents of her trolley , into a little Fiat 500 cabrio ;
so , I helped her , with silly stuff like washing powder , pasta , veggies , spices , domestic cleaning products , meats , mineral waters ...
the I notice the ( French ) reg. plate on the little car is "75" - i.e. a Parisienne ?
So I politely asked her : why buy all this here ( where we normally all think it is all terribly expensive and we mostly seem to know that much of it would be cheaper/better/more choice of in Germany or Austria ) , is it not better in France ?
Non , she said , for what you get it is much better in Bru than in Paree ; and that all her family & friends agree...

Because that made sense :)