Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Please vote for me!

Please vote for me!

Old Feb 19th 2013, 3:54 pm
  #46  
Sue
BE Co-Founder
 
Sue's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2000
Location: Florida
Posts: 25,928
Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please vote for me!

Originally Posted by M AND G View Post
Dear Ray 51 - is that your age perchance??
Anyway tried to find your post several times and was going to post where has it gone.... but Sue who? has deleted it.
Surely it was not rude - if it was send it to me privately as I dont care. Where you off topic about food and reviews ? I dread to think why but perhaps it must have been in very bad taste for it to be got rid of /
I hate general censorship but Sue must know best.
Regards M & G
Just trying to keep the thread on topic. Not censoring at all, its just the contents wasn't really relevant to what was going on in the thread but Ray is welcome to repost it in a new thread
Sue is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2013, 8:14 pm
  #47  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Brussels
Posts: 887
Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Please vote for me!

@ M & G ...and any others interested ?
'51
??? sadly the year of me birth , in Zagreb , then Jugoslavija
( ah , but then : they still used to change the country's name , DFR Yugoslavia , SFR Yugoslavia ,ever-devalued Yugo-dinars ? aaaaaaaaaaask anyone of my silly , tired , old age ?
I have lived in Diasporae , since '73 ;
hey : no problems & Nil worries , mate/s !
ALL of the nicest ex-Yugo-Slavs , you meet : Jo'burg , Melbourne , Toronto , London , Stockholm , Paris , Amsterdam , Bruxelles , KiwieLand , Cape Town , Switzerland... whereas the most useless ones still sit on ther bums
24/7/365 , praying for good God above ( read : Berlin , via Bruxelles ) to urgently dispatch at least 999 zillion Euros theirway , any second now ( or earlier ? ) !
Cheerz from , yrz only : Engerland , if you can :
Pleaze , mates :
DO VOTE U.K.I.P. ( Nigel Farage is my choice ! )
R.
Ray51 is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2013, 8:41 pm
  #48  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 52
SloJohn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Please vote for me!

DO VOTE U.K.I.P. ( Nigel Farage is my choice ! )

Ray 51, So you think old Nigel is any better than the rest of the expense grabbing, couldn't lie straight in bed bunch of s*******.

How did you arrive at this notion?
SloJohn is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2013, 9:27 pm
  #49  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Brussels
Posts: 887
Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Please vote for me!

@SLOJohn : Je n'sais pas , Mon Ami !
But , I have obseved & seen the EU-disaster/s , cca '90 till now ,
heads : Ostrich-like in ze sand , Biiiig Words , zillionz of macchiavelian cheat- promises , much expenditure + NIL action ( except for huugest-ever pay-packets , do read Orwell & Animal Farm again , pray ! ) ;
I was persnally : an EUrofile supporter , 20 yrz ago but now?
I'm finally & truely converted into UKIP , like any half-decent Englishman , O.K. ?
Cheerz again , me decent English gentlemen & ladies ,
From Bruxelles & Surrey ,
yrz
R.J.M.
Ray51 is offline  
Old Feb 24th 2013, 1:18 pm
  #50  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 56
Sir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really nice
Default Re: Please vote for me!

Originally Posted by M AND G View Post
I had hoped to be having dinner with that man of mystery tonight - Sir Harry Le Fis Lake but I seem to have been stood up !! He has gone missing in London Town and a table at Chez Bruce is available Ray...
I hope he reads this and kicks himself ! I appreciate that last time it was a Chinese and that might have put him off.
Regards M & G
Dober dan, Michael,

Forsooth, I've only just looked in here, and i'm busy kicking now, I promise.

As one who might well in future be grateful for a meal of any size or type (it looks as if the price for my old charger has taken a knock after the recent scandals, I fear) I can assure you no slight was meant nor intended.

As to this thread and the quality of fizzy's pen - well, I liked her posts on OurSlo, but I must say I don't like the whole idea of voting for things like this. I mean, congratulations and all that on winning, Fizz - but did you win because you did really great, gripping fair and accurate reviews - or did you win because you had the best lobbying skills and a great bunch of unquestioning friends?

Perhaps for you it doesn't matter, but if i were ever to be up for such an honour (highly unlikely, methinks) I'd like to think it was on merit alone for work done, not on my ability to round up votes on the net.

Of course, each to his or her own - I am probably showing my age - the spirit of the Round Table is strong for some and less for others, I suppose.

Well, this is my first post on this BritishExpats' forum - I have read in the rules one must not ....... golly gosh, what was it - yes, there is it - Post Karma messages - what on earth are they, pray??????

Does "you reap what you sow" count as a karma message?

I suppose one should not sign up and say one has read the rules without ...... well, done now ........

I see a few faces in here from OurSlo - jolly good. lep pozdrav and all that,
H lFL
Sir Harry le Fise Lake is offline  
Old Feb 24th 2013, 2:12 pm
  #51  
Senior Moment
 
Mitzyboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: On the edge
Posts: 20,462
Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please vote for me!

Originally Posted by Sir Harry le Fise Lake View Post
Dober dan, Michael,

Forsooth, I've only just looked in here, and i'm busy kicking now, I promise.

As one who might well in future be grateful for a meal of any size or type (it looks as if the price for my old charger has taken a knock after the recent scandals, I fear) I can assure you no slight was meant nor intended.

As to this thread and the quality of fizzy's pen - well, I liked her posts on OurSlo, but I must say I don't like the whole idea of voting for things like this. I mean, congratulations and all that on winning, Fizz - but did you win because you did really great, gripping fair and accurate reviews - or did you win because you had the best lobbying skills and a great bunch of unquestioning friends?

Perhaps for you it doesn't matter, but if i were ever to be up for such an honour (highly unlikely, methinks) I'd like to think it was on merit alone for work done, not on my ability to round up votes on the net.

Of course, each to his or her own - I am probably showing my age - the spirit of the Round Table is strong for some and less for others, I suppose.

Well, this is my first post on this BritishExpats' forum - I have read in the rules one must not ....... golly gosh, what was it - yes, there is it - Post Karma messages - what on earth are they, pray??????

Does "you reap what you sow" count as a karma message?

I suppose one should not sign up and say one has read the rules without ...... well, done now ........

I see a few faces in here from OurSlo - jolly good. lep pozdrav and all that,
H lFL
Look at the bottom left of peoples posts and there is a Karma button, usually given for helpful posts ....... or for people who have given credit where credit is due
Mitzyboy is offline  
Old Feb 24th 2013, 2:37 pm
  #52  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 135
fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all
Default Re: Please vote for me!

hi Sir H - I agree with you about the method of choosing the award winners. However, as the other entrants all campaigned as hard, if not harder, I could only join them. (Actually I joined them late as I was in MB when the nominations were announced and missed a week of campaigning.

I wonder whether the posts I made on OurSlo have been interpreted as reviews. I didn't ever post a whole review on that site, only quick recommendations which is perhaps why they've been described as lacking substance. My full length reviews are always packed with detail and opinion, on the other hand.
fizzytom is offline  
Old Feb 24th 2013, 3:47 pm
  #53  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 56
Sir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really nice
Default Re: Please vote for me!

Originally Posted by fizzytom View Post
hi Sir H - I agree with you about the method of choosing the award winners. However, as the other entrants all campaigned as hard, if not harder, I could only join them. (Actually I joined them late as I was in MB when the nominations were announced and missed a week of campaigning.

I wonder whether the posts I made on OurSlo have been interpreted as reviews. I didn't ever post a whole review on that site, only quick recommendations which is perhaps why they've been described as lacking substance. My full length reviews are always packed with detail and opinion, on the other hand.
Greetings, Fizz,

re reviews; yes, if you can't beat em (and you can't, of course), then ...... it jsut all seems such a ..... sham ..

On ourSLO I remember your recommendation to visit Velenje museum, the museum in Dravograd, the pub in Maribor ........ things like that. I didn't actually evaluate them as reviews per se.

H lFL
Sir Harry le Fise Lake is offline  
Old Feb 24th 2013, 3:52 pm
  #54  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 56
Sir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really nice
Default Re: Please vote for me!

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy View Post
Look at the bottom left of peoples posts and there is a Karma button, usually given for helpful posts ....... or for people who have given credit where credit is due
Hail Mitzyboy - I am most perplexed.

This sounds like putting whisky in an alcoholic's fridge and telling him not to drink.

Verily, now I see it, but I thought we were to be banished from the Islands if we posted Karma, or worse still, become enserfed to a Norman Baron - most confusing.

But never mind, I promise never to post anything like a karma post as I understand the meaning of the word. Promise.

H lFL
Sir Harry le Fise Lake is offline  
Old Feb 24th 2013, 4:27 pm
  #55  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 124
M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice
Default Re: Please vote for me!

Harry Old Chap , if things get really bad at least you can eat Dobbin ( Dobbin may give a good indication of our ages). Chez Bruce probably might cook horse occasionally although somewhat British in menu but perhaps next time in the UK we can write a duet on the food.
At risk of fuelling another round of non Karma I did think all this lobbying was a bit much, even though I am glad I did not say so after having my ears boxed but I have read a Fizzy review and would now endorse that Fizz can write, set a scene and give good info.. So perhaps the best man won !!
Hope the Ambassadors balls are still what they used to be.
M & G
M AND G is offline  
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:28 am
  #56  
Senior Moment
 
Mitzyboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: On the edge
Posts: 20,462
Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please vote for me!

Originally Posted by Sir Harry le Fise Lake View Post
Hail Mitzyboy - I am most perplexed.

This sounds like putting whisky in an alcoholic's fridge and telling him not to drink.

Verily, now I see it, but I thought we were to be banished from the Islands if we posted Karma, or worse still, become enserfed to a Norman Baron - most confusing.

But never mind, I promise never to post anything like a karma post as I understand the meaning of the word. Promise.

H lFL
Heh heh ... there's no need to be perplexed Karma is not public, no one sees it but the recipient. On the actual forum you can post how you want, within the parameters of the rules
Mitzyboy is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.