Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Please vote for me!

Please vote for me!

Old Feb 19th 2013, 3:54 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please vote for me!

Originally Posted by M AND G
Dear Ray 51 - is that your age perchance??
Anyway tried to find your post several times and was going to post where has it gone.... but Sue who? has deleted it.
Surely it was not rude - if it was send it to me privately as I dont care. Where you off topic about food and reviews ? I dread to think why but perhaps it must have been in very bad taste for it to be got rid of /
I hate general censorship but Sue must know best.
Regards M & G
Just trying to keep the thread on topic. Not censoring at all, its just the contents wasn't really relevant to what was going on in the thread but Ray is welcome to repost it in a new thread
Old Feb 19th 2013, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

@ M & G ...and any others interested ?
'51
??? sadly the year of me birth , in Zagreb , then Jugoslavija
( ah , but then : they still used to change the country's name , DFR Yugoslavia , SFR Yugoslavia ,ever-devalued Yugo-dinars ? aaaaaaaaaaask anyone of my silly , tired , old age ?
I have lived in Diasporae , since '73 ;
hey : no problems & Nil worries , mate/s !
ALL of the nicest ex-Yugo-Slavs , you meet : Jo'burg , Melbourne , Toronto , London , Stockholm , Paris , Amsterdam , Bruxelles , KiwieLand , Cape Town , Switzerland... whereas the most useless ones still sit on ther bums
24/7/365 , praying for good God above ( read : Berlin , via Bruxelles ) to urgently dispatch at least 999 zillion Euros theirway , any second now ( or earlier ? ) !
Cheerz from , yrz only : Engerland , if you can :
Pleaze , mates :
DO VOTE U.K.I.P. ( Nigel Farage is my choice ! )
R.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

SloJohn is on a distinguished road

DO VOTE U.K.I.P. ( Nigel Farage is my choice ! )

Ray 51, So you think old Nigel is any better than the rest of the expense grabbing, couldn't lie straight in bed bunch of s*******.

How did you arrive at this notion?
Old Feb 19th 2013, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

@SLOJohn : Je n'sais pas , Mon Ami !
But , I have obseved & seen the EU-disaster/s , cca '90 till now ,
heads : Ostrich-like in ze sand , Biiiig Words , zillionz of macchiavelian cheat- promises , much expenditure + NIL action ( except for huugest-ever pay-packets , do read Orwell & Animal Farm again , pray ! ) ;
I was persnally : an EUrofile supporter , 20 yrz ago but now?
I'm finally & truely converted into UKIP , like any half-decent Englishman , O.K. ?
Cheerz again , me decent English gentlemen & ladies ,
From Bruxelles & Surrey ,
yrz
R.J.M.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Sir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really nice

Originally Posted by M AND G
I had hoped to be having dinner with that man of mystery tonight - Sir Harry Le Fis Lake but I seem to have been stood up !! He has gone missing in London Town and a table at Chez Bruce is available Ray...
I hope he reads this and kicks himself ! I appreciate that last time it was a Chinese and that might have put him off.
Regards M & G
Dober dan, Michael,

Forsooth, I've only just looked in here, and i'm busy kicking now, I promise.

As one who might well in future be grateful for a meal of any size or type (it looks as if the price for my old charger has taken a knock after the recent scandals, I fear) I can assure you no slight was meant nor intended.

As to this thread and the quality of fizzy's pen - well, I liked her posts on OurSlo, but I must say I don't like the whole idea of voting for things like this. I mean, congratulations and all that on winning, Fizz - but did you win because you did really great, gripping fair and accurate reviews - or did you win because you had the best lobbying skills and a great bunch of unquestioning friends?

Perhaps for you it doesn't matter, but if i were ever to be up for such an honour (highly unlikely, methinks) I'd like to think it was on merit alone for work done, not on my ability to round up votes on the net.

Of course, each to his or her own - I am probably showing my age - the spirit of the Round Table is strong for some and less for others, I suppose.

Well, this is my first post on this BritishExpats' forum - I have read in the rules one must not ....... golly gosh, what was it - yes, there is it - Post Karma messages - what on earth are they, pray??????

Does "you reap what you sow" count as a karma message?

I suppose one should not sign up and say one has read the rules without ...... well, done now ........

I see a few faces in here from OurSlo - jolly good. lep pozdrav and all that,
H lFL
Old Feb 24th 2013, 2:12 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sir Harry le Fise Lake
Dober dan, Michael,

Forsooth, I've only just looked in here, and i'm busy kicking now, I promise.

As one who might well in future be grateful for a meal of any size or type (it looks as if the price for my old charger has taken a knock after the recent scandals, I fear) I can assure you no slight was meant nor intended.

As to this thread and the quality of fizzy's pen - well, I liked her posts on OurSlo, but I must say I don't like the whole idea of voting for things like this. I mean, congratulations and all that on winning, Fizz - but did you win because you did really great, gripping fair and accurate reviews - or did you win because you had the best lobbying skills and a great bunch of unquestioning friends?

Perhaps for you it doesn't matter, but if i were ever to be up for such an honour (highly unlikely, methinks) I'd like to think it was on merit alone for work done, not on my ability to round up votes on the net.

Of course, each to his or her own - I am probably showing my age - the spirit of the Round Table is strong for some and less for others, I suppose.

Well, this is my first post on this BritishExpats' forum - I have read in the rules one must not ....... golly gosh, what was it - yes, there is it - Post Karma messages - what on earth are they, pray??????

Does "you reap what you sow" count as a karma message?

I suppose one should not sign up and say one has read the rules without ...... well, done now ........

I see a few faces in here from OurSlo - jolly good. lep pozdrav and all that,
H lFL
Look at the bottom left of peoples posts and there is a Karma button, usually given for helpful posts ....... or for people who have given credit where credit is due
Old Feb 24th 2013, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all

hi Sir H - I agree with you about the method of choosing the award winners. However, as the other entrants all campaigned as hard, if not harder, I could only join them. (Actually I joined them late as I was in MB when the nominations were announced and missed a week of campaigning.

I wonder whether the posts I made on OurSlo have been interpreted as reviews. I didn't ever post a whole review on that site, only quick recommendations which is perhaps why they've been described as lacking substance. My full length reviews are always packed with detail and opinion, on the other hand.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Sir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really nice

Originally Posted by fizzytom
hi Sir H - I agree with you about the method of choosing the award winners. However, as the other entrants all campaigned as hard, if not harder, I could only join them. (Actually I joined them late as I was in MB when the nominations were announced and missed a week of campaigning.

I wonder whether the posts I made on OurSlo have been interpreted as reviews. I didn't ever post a whole review on that site, only quick recommendations which is perhaps why they've been described as lacking substance. My full length reviews are always packed with detail and opinion, on the other hand.
Greetings, Fizz,

re reviews; yes, if you can't beat em (and you can't, of course), then ...... it jsut all seems such a ..... sham ..

On ourSLO I remember your recommendation to visit Velenje museum, the museum in Dravograd, the pub in Maribor ........ things like that. I didn't actually evaluate them as reviews per se.

H lFL
Old Feb 24th 2013, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Look at the bottom left of peoples posts and there is a Karma button, usually given for helpful posts ....... or for people who have given credit where credit is due
Hail Mitzyboy - I am most perplexed.

This sounds like putting whisky in an alcoholic's fridge and telling him not to drink.

Verily, now I see it, but I thought we were to be banished from the Islands if we posted Karma, or worse still, become enserfed to a Norman Baron - most confusing.

But never mind, I promise never to post anything like a karma post as I understand the meaning of the word. Promise.

H lFL
Old Feb 24th 2013, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

Harry Old Chap , if things get really bad at least you can eat Dobbin ( Dobbin may give a good indication of our ages). Chez Bruce probably might cook horse occasionally although somewhat British in menu but perhaps next time in the UK we can write a duet on the food.
At risk of fuelling another round of non Karma I did think all this lobbying was a bit much, even though I am glad I did not say so after having my ears boxed but I have read a Fizzy review and would now endorse that Fizz can write, set a scene and give good info.. So perhaps the best man won !!
Hope the Ambassadors balls are still what they used to be.
M & G
Old Feb 27th 2013, 8:28 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sir Harry le Fise Lake
Hail Mitzyboy - I am most perplexed.

This sounds like putting whisky in an alcoholic's fridge and telling him not to drink.

Verily, now I see it, but I thought we were to be banished from the Islands if we posted Karma, or worse still, become enserfed to a Norman Baron - most confusing.

But never mind, I promise never to post anything like a karma post as I understand the meaning of the word. Promise.

H lFL
Heh heh ... there's no need to be perplexed Karma is not public, no one sees it but the recipient. On the actual forum you can post how you want, within the parameters of the rules