Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Please vote for me!

Please vote for me!

Old Feb 8th 2013, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Please vote for me! or : Eat w. me , Vote UKIP ! )

Thanxxxx ever so much for your generous invitation but : Sorry , M.& G .!
Not sure @what exxxxact time you entered this post ; I was "out on the town" , at my little part of SW London , by The River ; chilly & windy & dark out there , but "Al Forno" friendly , effortlessly greatly improved that state of affairs ( Do the Google : Al Forno , High St , Kingston-upon-Thames and : NO , I am only an infrequent customer there , one of so many happy ones ! ).
Antipasti was fab , incl. calamari w. garlic , main : slightly warmed-up thick cut of bloody sirloin ( Entrecote , saignant , in Chef's lingo ! ) on large plate , complete with 3-4 heaps of steamed veg . , nil butter , nor fat , pefickly delicious , with decent Chianti ( or , for others : Rioja Don Faustino XIV , and half-decent Bordeaux , Ozzie or Saffer heavier red , each 2 their own choice/s !? ) ; can't praise the simple , family-run place enough , from welcome via menus to delivery and friendliness and sheer competence all-round ( wish the English could learn such wayz ! ).
How R U 2 managing , v Slovenshchini , ali kaj razmete , po Shtrajerski , ampak Kranjski ?
Old Feb 9th 2013, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all
Default Re: Please vote for me!

Which reviews in particular do you think fell short of the mark? I should point out that the reviews were posted on generalist websites and written to fit in with a broad readership. I am not a professional, just an enthusiastic amateur, chuffed to have been nominated.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

Fizz - it was not meant to offend - I love your past posts and enthusiasm for SLO. It was something on Ourslo and a link you gave. I thought them poor reviews with little substance. Obviously others like your stuff and you have been nominated - so I am going to try and read some more in due course. I tried hard to get some decent reviews on the forum especially for KG, Kamnic and LJ, but felt there was little appetite so threw in the napkin.
Maybe one day we will break bread together - artisan or home made no doubt.
I look forward to being wrong.
Kindest regards M
Old Feb 9th 2013, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

Ray - I did my Postgrad Diploma in Marketing in Kingston.
Back in the day ...unsure of that but I keep hearing it..Kingston was the pits with not a decent pub or place to eat !! Think it had a Golden Egg.
The only Al forno I used to have fun in was by the lanes in Brighton. He even named a pizza after our love of a certain car and Formula 1 team. It was always off menu & only available to us and friends - pity it closed after many years.
I could be tempted to venture west to Kingston and try this little place (minus heaps of steamed veg ) - I used to go to a Zen(nny) place by the river - all outdoor California style but it has changed hands over the years. It was pretentious for Kingston anyway.
Perhaps lunch or early evening after the rugby sometime for your recommendation.
Funny how on Ourslo we were all taking about horse and horse burgers and now we find we have been eating the stuff over here and unbeknown..
Portoroz I find tosh but I have only been a few times so again need to find the vibe you indicate and re evaluate my view.
Cheers and now for rugby for 5 hours. Great M
Old Feb 9th 2013, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all

Well I bow to your expert opinion. It is a shame that you couldn't have expressed that opinion in a more sensitive way. Perhaps if you consider the type of website the reviews were, in the main part, written for, you might see why they might lack the 'substance' you allude to.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

What was not sensitive ??? It seems you have got the disease of being offended - today if you express an opinion someone will be offended instead of believing other people have the right to have another view of things - I expressed my opinion , you have others who think your reports worthwhile - mine should therefore not concern you much ! I only read a couple or so and found them lacking in my 'less than expert' opinion. As a result I did not want to visit . I seem to remember one about a place in Ljubljana or was that not you.
I have tried to be conciliatory and said I will vist your reviews, they may be great , direct me to one you wish me to read but after your rather whinging post I am not sure I want to.

Sorry dont want to fall out, I fear we might as I said poor reviews - the truth is I was then being sensitive .
Now for the next game of rugby, Cheers Michael
Old Feb 9th 2013, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

billycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nice

Chin up fizzy you'll win, don't fall out guys it drove people away from our slo.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Certainly not going to fall out.
I have re read the posts and dont understand what the issue is. I fully agree with you Fizzy - it often depends on who you are writing for, ie Ourslo then and at what level and detail you pitch it.. It was that you triggered my memory of them which was as I said
I go on to say I loved your other posts and your abounding enthusiasm.
I just felt that 'bowing to expert etc' was sarcastic and saying my comments were not sensitive was just ridiculous . I said I did not like the Ourslo stuff and happily wanted to read about Berlin as I want to visit the city & finally I was willing to change my opinion.. Hardly confrontational.
I remain a fan of all who posted with interest,enthusiasm and the helpful stuff on Ourslo and I trust this more vibrant and speedy vehicle for communication.
Yours Michae PS Come on England, sorry Boo ,but let the best team E or I on the day win for rugby generally.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 8:28 am
Just Joined

curryking is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Luck Fizzytom - DLTBGYD
Old Feb 10th 2013, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

If after the very public discussion of the shortcomings of my writing there is anyone who might still consider voting for me in the IgoUgo awards, please note that due to the high number of votes cast a new link has been created.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RFMJL7D

My pen name is fizzytom and I have been nominated as Best Food Writer for my reviews of restaurants in Berlin. Thanks
Old Feb 10th 2013, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

I'm sure Currys was a general view rather than a pointed one !
It is only the government that gets me down.
ASAWKFA and cheers M
Old Feb 10th 2013, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

Well done Fizz on your nomination, we have voted for you this end!
Old Feb 10th 2013, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

Take care M&G. I think this is fizz's favourite film - "Theatre of Blood", 1973, Vincent Price!!

Love ya Fizz!
Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:45 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fizzytom
I've been advised the link given is no longer working. Please use this one

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RFMJL7D
Didnt work either
Old Feb 12th 2013, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

I understand that each link can handle a set number of responses. I will check out what the new one is and post it here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.