Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Picking up a small package in Brussels & sending it to NZ

Picking up a small package in Brussels & sending it to NZ

Old Dec 11th 2009, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold
Default Picking up a small package in Brussels & sending it to NZ

Hi all,

Looking for some advice.

I need to get a part (for a specific type of amplifier) from a suburb of Brussels (Groot Bijgaarden) and get it sent to a New Zealand address. Its dimensions are 25cmx10cmx10cm but it weights 5.56kgs - Its an Oval Transformer.

As Im in NZ , there are no distributors down here so the cost of transporting it is a problem. The director of the company has said he would give me the part if somebody picked it up from their office (and I believe avoid more paperwork as its a gift, correct me if I'm wrong).

TNT.DHL,Fed ex are all quoting the higher end of 200 euros. The part is worth 28 euro. I checked the LaPoste website and they charge 104 euro for a package between 5-10kgs - on first glance this is my cheaper option but doesnt solve how I can get it posted with them (as I think the director would not send it personally for me - he wants a pick-up)

Any ideas/questions/suggestions - would be greatly received.

I'm not too keen on the stick it on a boat route as that takes ages

cheers
Old Dec 12th 2009, 7:40 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Picking up a small package in Brussels & sending it to NZ

Originally Posted by zaras dad
Hi all,

Looking for some advice.

I need to get a part (for a specific type of amplifier) from a suburb of Brussels (Groot Bijgaarden) and get it sent to a New Zealand address. Its dimensions are 25cmx10cmx10cm but it weights 5.56kgs - Its an Oval Transformer.

As Im in NZ , there are no distributors down here so the cost of transporting it is a problem. The director of the company has said he would give me the part if somebody picked it up from their office (and I believe avoid more paperwork as its a gift, correct me if I'm wrong).

TNT.DHL,Fed ex are all quoting the higher end of 200 euros. The part is worth 28 euro. I checked the LaPoste website and they charge 104 euro for a package between 5-10kgs - on first glance this is my cheaper option but doesnt solve how I can get it posted with them (as I think the director would not send it personally for me - he wants a pick-up)

Any ideas/questions/suggestions - would be greatly received.

I'm not too keen on the stick it on a boat route as that takes ages

cheers
If cost is the issue, could you wait 5 or 6 weeks for it?
If so, then you need to find a groupage consolidator in Antwerp. It would be a minimun freight Antwerp / NZ port. They would no doubt be able to arrange collection for you, and you could collect at destination. Its just the time thats the problem.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

I've done a google search and its needle in a haystack time. If anyone has any recommendations I'd appreciate it
Old Dec 12th 2009, 5:46 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zaras dad
I've done a google search and its needle in a haystack time. If anyone has any recommendations I'd appreciate it
I must be invisible then!