Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

An open message to Ray51

An open message to Ray51

Old Oct 29th 2010, 10:54 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default An open message to Ray51

So this is why you live in Belgium?

Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Re: An open message to Ray51

Thanks for this !
Since I am in 4th stage of my life now ( read : 60+ ) and NOT very computer-literate , could you , please , kindly guide me as to how to forward this video further ?
Cheers !
R.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 11:43 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you liked it.
The easiest way is for me to post this link.

A more complex way is to right click and then click on the “watch on Youtube” This opens up a page on Youtube. Copy the link at the top of the web browser. And paste in an email.

The right click works for Firefox and Internet explore, but I do not know about other browsers.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

The soundtrack , for the less-informed , is in Flemish .
I live in Bruxelles , where French is spoken more ( as is English ) .
The city is cosmopolitan , sophisticated , filthy-dirty , expensive , apparently quite crime-ridden ( of lately ) , traffic can be a nightmare - quite a lot of fun , then ? ...
...what was that about Pluto , again ?
Old Nov 6th 2010, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Ray51
The soundtrack , for the less-informed , is in Flemish .
I live in Bruxelles , where French is spoken more ( as is English ) .
The city is cosmopolitan , sophisticated , filthy-dirty , expensive , apparently quite crime-ridden ( of lately ) , traffic can be a nightmare - quite a lot of fun , then ? ...
...what was that about Pluto , again ?
They ask is there life on Pluto, because it may be nice to live there. It also seems to rhyme. I cannot image names of any other planet doing so in this song.

I did not know you lived in The French speaking area
Old Nov 6th 2010, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Now , U do !
And I still love it , in Francophone Belgium : the girls ( looks & attire & mannerisms ) , the great food , the lingo , the facilities , infrastructure and the rest ;
sure , like in Paris : anyone be ruuude as all hell , here we take this for granted ;
service varies betwen poor and non-existent ;
the costs ( usually ) are mad , or worse ;
one could go on 4Ever ;
nonetheless , to leave from here ? A screaming blue murder , IMHO !
( FYI : I tried Espana on many on occassion , didn't mind Costa Brava all that much , but hated CdS , the missus eventually prevailed against all such plans , what with medicaments' supply , taxation and other , more serious Spanish stuff and issues ...
- each to their own , I suppose ? )
Old Dec 6th 2010, 8:50 am

Oh dear Belgium is at the end of some more jokes!

Video

It is in English but subtitled too.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Not even jokes , mate ;
it's actually much , much worse than that !
Old Dec 6th 2010, 12:36 pm

I have have even thought about living in The Ardennes at one time. But anothr thing that stopped me was I cannot speak French so well.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

On the other hand , after 10 ( TEN ) years of living it here , I have still never yet had frites with mayonnaise , not even once !;
I've observed , with some disbelief and/or panic , some Dutch , Anglo-Saxon and even Spanish tourists gorging on such yuecchie stuff , on the street-pavements , in our usual tourist rip-off places ( Brugge comes readily to mind ! ) ;
If I partake of any little bit of Belgian frites ( world's best ? ) , that'd be avec onglet a l' echallote , or with entrecote/filet ( saignant ) , or similar meaty stuff ;
so , the video ( at best ) is a little bit misguided , never mentioning Cote d'Or , Marcolini , Godiva , Leonidas , Jupiler , Stella , Leffe , Hoegarden , Duvel , Mort Subite , Kriek & the rest ?
Old Dec 6th 2010, 5:42 pm

Stop it, the only Belgium beer I can get here is Leffe. No Dutch beers except the usual suspects, which are mass produced all over the world..
But sometimes when we have chips with an evening meal, us (the wife and I) have a bit of mayo with them.
I personally never really like mussels, or the peeing boy!
Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Mussels ; I think I'll have them for lunch today ; a huge pot of them in soup , white wine and loads of boiled celery sticks and other veggies ; fine , in this cold weather - reportedly , they can give one gout , too...