Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Obtaining an NIE number?

Obtaining an NIE number?

Old Aug 1st 2004, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

pathfinder is an unknown quantity at this point

It really is a simple process. Take a copy of your passport and download a form from http://www.mir.es/extranje/extguia.htm

It normally takes about a week to get the number.

Danny
Pathfinder
www.relocatingtoandalucia.com
Old Aug 1st 2004, 6:47 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pathfinder
It really is a simple process. Take a copy of your passport and download a form from http://www.mir.es/extranje/extguia.htm

It normally takes about a week to get the number.

Danny
Pathfinder
www.relocatingtoandalucia.com

Come on Danny, a week must be the Spanish record...
Old Aug 1st 2004, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

pathfinder is an unknown quantity at this point

No really it depends on the area.

A client of mine registered for his NIE here in Jerez and within 5 working days he had his number as promised because it's processed locally and not in Madrid.

He also applied for residency at the same take which has to be sent to Madrid and that takes about 2 months
Old Aug 4th 2004, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Yes it does depend on the area. I went to my local National Police station where you go for all this kind of thing in El Puerto de Santa Maria (near Jerez) in Cadiz province, and was in on a Monday morning with my form downloaded from the internet and went back on the Thursday and received my letter and NIE number. I make that 4 days.
Old Aug 4th 2004, 8:00 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Nige
Yes it does depend on the area. I went to my local National Police station where you go for all this kind of thing in El Puerto de Santa Maria (near Jerez) in Cadiz province, and was in on a Monday morning with my form downloaded from the internet and went back on the Thursday and received my letter and NIE number. I make that 4 days.
Flash git ,you have broken the record........unless someone knows better....

Old Aug 10th 2004, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

rich85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Obtaining an NIE number?

Hola Mark
When last we where in Spain march04 we appiled for are NIE number you need someone that under stands Spainish to fill in the form which you get from the poilce station you usley have to stand in line may take an hour or more it may take up to 3 or 4 weeks to get your number after you have give them the form back to get youre number hope this helps you Richard sorry about the miss spelling my key board is playing up cannot delete

Originally Posted by Mark Leon
Hi all,

I need to get an NIE number for when I move to Spain.

What is the best and easiest way to get one. I have heard you have to go to a police station to apply but this can be a bit long winded. Also I have heard lawyers can do all the work for you if you go with them, this would be useful as my Spanish is still in its infancy. This service would cost £100.

Helpful advice would be much appreciated

Thanks Mark
Old Aug 11th 2004, 8:54 am
mr cid

cidshock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Obtaining an NIE number?

I have just been reading some info on gainging youre NIE no and as long as you have all the paper work and photos and the form filled out in spanish it can be done on the same day.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 6:52 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by cidshock
I have just been reading some info on gainging youre NIE no and as long as you have all the paper work and photos and the form filled out in spanish it can be done on the same day.
The boxes on the form are for stamping not photos.Same day no chance.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

russellsnr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mark Leon
Hi all,

I need to get an NIE number for when I move to Spain.

What is the best and easiest way to get one. I have heard you have to go to a police station to apply but this can be a bit long winded. Also I have heard lawyers can do all the work for you if you go with them, this would be useful as my Spanish is still in its infancy. This service would cost £100.

Helpful advice would be much appreciated

Thanks Mark
Hi, Request for N.I.E. translated via a free translator online so may not be spot on but hope you can understand it
Spaces for registry seals GENERAL ADMINISTRATION Solicitud of N.I.E. (Identification number of foreigner) FOREIGN Of the STATE (Statutory law 4/2000 reformed by L.O. 14/2003 and Regulation approved by Real Decree 864/2001) GRATUITOUS FORM. PROHIBITED HIS SALE (PLEASE, IT DOES NOT WRITE IN THE SHADED SPACES. RELLÉNELO IN SPANISH To MACHINE Or WITH BLACK BALL-POINT PEN And LETTER OF The PRESS) N.I.E. X - - 1) PERSONAL DATA Of the FOREIGNER to 1er Apellido 2º Apellido Fecha Name of birth (1) Birthplace Sex (2) H M civil State (2) S C V D Country of birth Country of nationality Name of the father Name of the mother Address in Spain C./Pl. Nº Tel. Floor Locality CP Province 2) DATA RELATIVE To REQUEST 2.1. REASON BY WHICH Detail of the reason ASKS FOR N.I.E.(2) the Economic Social Professional: (3) At the moment for presenting/displaying this request the interested one will have to appear personally (Article 11 of Statutory law 1/1992 on Protection of the Citizen Security) and enclosing the following documentation: - identificativo Document, passport in vigor or analogous document. - acreditativa Documentation of the reasons or alleged necessities. 3) DATA Of the LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE Of the APPLICANT, IN the CASES OF EXCEPTUACIÓN OF the OBLIGATION OF PERSONAL PRESENTATION OF REQUEST D./D.ª __________________________________________________ _______________________________ DNI/NIE _________________________________ Title on the basis of as shows the representation: __________________________________________________ ___________________________________ Company/signature: 4) ADDRESS With the object of NOTIFICATIONS C./Pl. Nº P Locality C.P. Province.......................................... ............................................. of................................................ .....de 2.00.......... Company/signature of the applicant (1) Rellenar using 2 digits for the day, 2 for month and 4 for the year and in this one same order. (2) Márquese with X the picture that comes. (3) Detallar the concrete reason by which it needs allocation N.I.E. specifying, in its case, the organization, institution or individual that needs it (Public Administrations, financial organizations, etc.), and contributing the documentation that credits it. (4) In case of not presenting/displaying consent, the interested one will have to contribute acreditativos certificates of the fulfillment of the fiscal obligations and social security. TO PRESENT/DISPLAY ORIGINAL And A COPY. THE APPLICANT WILL NOT HAVE TO BE IN IRREGULAR SITUATION IN SPAIN. EX-14
Old Aug 14th 2004, 4:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by russellsnr
Hi, Request for N.I.E. translated via a free translator online so may not be spot on but hope you can understand it
Spaces for registry seals GENERAL ADMINISTRATION Solicitud of N.I.E. (Identification number of foreigner) FOREIGN Of the STATE (Statutory law 4/2000 reformed by L.O. 14/2003 and Regulation approved by Real Decree 864/2001) GRATUITOUS FORM. PROHIBITED HIS SALE (PLEASE, IT DOES NOT WRITE IN THE SHADED SPACES. RELLÉNELO IN SPANISH To MACHINE Or WITH BLACK BALL-POINT PEN And LETTER OF The PRESS) N.I.E. X - - 1) PERSONAL DATA Of the FOREIGNER to 1er Apellido 2º Apellido Fecha Name of birth (1) Birthplace Sex (2) H M civil State (2) S C V D Country of birth Country of nationality Name of the father Name of the mother Address in Spain C./Pl. Nº Tel. Floor Locality CP Province 2) DATA RELATIVE To REQUEST 2.1. REASON BY WHICH Detail of the reason ASKS FOR N.I.E.(2) the Economic Social Professional: (3) At the moment for presenting/displaying this request the interested one will have to appear personally (Article 11 of Statutory law 1/1992 on Protection of the Citizen Security) and enclosing the following documentation: - identificativo Document, passport in vigor or analogous document. - acreditativa Documentation of the reasons or alleged necessities. 3) DATA Of the LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE Of the APPLICANT, IN the CASES OF EXCEPTUACIÓN OF the OBLIGATION OF PERSONAL PRESENTATION OF REQUEST D./D.ª __________________________________________________ _______________________________ DNI/NIE _________________________________ Title on the basis of as shows the representation: __________________________________________________ ___________________________________ Company/signature: 4) ADDRESS With the object of NOTIFICATIONS C./Pl. Nº P Locality C.P. Province.......................................... ............................................. of................................................ .....de 2.00.......... Company/signature of the applicant (1) Rellenar using 2 digits for the day, 2 for month and 4 for the year and in this one same order. (2) Márquese with X the picture that comes. (3) Detallar the concrete reason by which it needs allocation N.I.E. specifying, in its case, the organization, institution or individual that needs it (Public Administrations, financial organizations, etc.), and contributing the documentation that credits it. (4) In case of not presenting/displaying consent, the interested one will have to contribute acreditativos certificates of the fulfillment of the fiscal obligations and social security. TO PRESENT/DISPLAY ORIGINAL And A COPY. THE APPLICANT WILL NOT HAVE TO BE IN IRREGULAR SITUATION IN SPAIN. EX-14
Boy now you really have confused him its much easier to look at and read the form, basic Spanish dictionary stuff.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

russellsnr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Boy now you really have confused him its much easier to look at and read the form, basic Spanish dictionary stuff.
Just trying to help.!!!!!!