Reload this Page >

NEED TO STAY IN EUROPE, HELP!!!

NEED TO STAY IN EUROPE, HELP!!!

Old Nov 10th 2012, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

focused is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NEED TO STAY IN EUROPE, HELP!!!

Hi there,

I"m a canadian girl that arrived in London about a month ago on a visitors visa. I was offered an amazing job opportunity but I'm not at all aloud to work on a visitors visa and I don't want to get in any trouble by doing so...what else can I do? Cause i'm 33 and the opportunity is here waiting and since opportunities come once in a life time I really don't want to miss out on that one.

Help!! any advice would help.

Thanks
Old Nov 10th 2012, 6:09 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEED TO STAY IN EUROPE, HELP!!!

Originally Posted by focused
Hi there,

I"m a canadian girl that arrived in London about a month ago on a visitors visa. I was offered an amazing job opportunity but I'm not at all aloud to work on a visitors visa and I don't want to get in any trouble by doing so...what else can I do? Cause i'm 33 and the opportunity is here waiting and since opportunities come once in a life time I really don't want to miss out on that one.

Thanks
Hi, and welcome to the Europe forum!
However, I think a post on the Canadian forum might be more advisable, as they might know more about obtaining Work Visas than us British Expats in Europe. Or consult the Canadian Consulate...
Good luck!

Last edited by dmu; Nov 10th 2012 at 6:11 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Thanks
You either get the company to apply for a visa for you (if they are any sort of decent company and your skills are essential to them, then that is what they will do) or you don't take the job.

As you say, you are in trouble if you take the job because you would be working illegally.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Thanks
Either they can sponsor you for a work permit, or the opportunity was never there in the first place.
Old Nov 12th 2012, 8:16 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Thanks
No disrespect but what makes you so special that you are offered a job that surely could be done by a UK national ? ?

Unless there is something different about you for a 6m stay as a visitor in the UK you don't need a visa.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...tion/visiting/

Employers have to follow strict guidelines about employing foreign nationals, breaking these is very expensive.

So unless the employer is prepared to sponsor you for permission then there is nothing that can be done about it.

`
Old Feb 16th 2013, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Dramaction is an unknown quantity at this point

What kind of job is this?
Old Mar 5th 2013, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Sofia citizen is an unknown quantity at this point

Canada is better than any place in Europe, except Scandinavia.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Dramaction is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sofia citizen

Can you tell me why?
Old Mar 5th 2013, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Sofia citizen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dramaction
Can you tell me why?
List of countries by Human Development Index

1 Norway 0.943
2 Australia 0.929
3 Netherlands 0.910
4 United States 0.910
5 New Zealand 0.908
6 Canada 0.908 0.001
7 Ireland 0.908 0.001
8 Liechtenstein 0.905
Old Mar 5th 2013, 11:25 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

so the OP, who only made the one dramatic post and disappeared would be better off back in Canada rather than in the UK.

I can't understand why so many people want to go to the UK knowing fulwell the restrictions they will face and then gripe because of these restrictions.
Bet if it was a Brit wanting to go to Canada they wouldn't have any problem championing their cause

Sorry but rules is rules, no exceptions. Unless of course every other country paid out the benefits the UK does, but then would it be worth it just for the scenery and weather ??
Old May 16th 2013, 10:13 am
Just Joined

danielrobert51 is an unknown quantity at this point

Canada is much better
People tend to relocate to canada and you are thinking to leave it

I think you should not
Old May 17th 2013, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Um...these are kind of personal decisions no? And these indexes should all be taken with a grain of salt IMO.
Old May 17th 2013, 7:54 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danielrobert51
Canada is much better
People tend to relocate to canada and you are thinking to leave it

I think you should not
Can you prove those very subjective statements?
Old May 17th 2013, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Probably not
Old May 17th 2013, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sofia citizen
Bull crap!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.