Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Moving to Malta from Australia

Moving to Malta from Australia

Old Oct 1st 2013, 12:54 am
Just Joined

Traceymaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Malta from Australia

Hello, i was hoping someone could please help me with some questions? I am from the UK and my husband is from New Zealand. We have 2 daughters who hold UK passports.
We are looking to move to Malta for a minimum of 4 months in January. My husband doesn't need a Visa to come into Malta for up to 90 days but who do we register our presence with after the 90 days? The police/garda and does anyone have the address please? My husband will look after our daughters initially while i find work. Cost of rentals look affordable, do they issue you with a tenancy agreement and on a average how much bond do you pay? Do you think i will be able to find hotel works, hospitality work that time of year easily? Which bank would you recommend opening a joint account with? we still have a joint account with Barclay bank, do they have one in Malta? If not which bank would you suggest and what evidence will they need to open it?
To be able to work where do i obtain a tax file number from (what is it referred to in Malta?) and is this a straight forward process/time span? How do i obtain a security number? Being English will i have any problems going to these offices or are they primarily English speaking? Thank you so much for taking the time to read my email and i would really appreciate it if someone could help me?
Tracey