Reload this Page >

moving to gibraltar cat 2 residency

moving to gibraltar cat 2 residency

Old Apr 7th 2013, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Vdubbugbabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to gibraltar cat 2 residency

Hi,
My long term boyfriend and I are wanting to move to gib, his parents live there and we have visited many of times, he wants to become a resident but I dont. I want to travel to and from gib to uk as much as I like, due to my family in uk, we want to get married this year but his dad has told us that if we are married I will become a resident too and will not have the freedom to go to uk as and when I like, I would be bound to the 90 day rule?? I can't seem to find any answers on the net, I was hoping somebody here would know?
Any help or advice would be great
Many thanx
Bug x
Old Apr 7th 2013, 11:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to gibraltar cat 2 residency

Originally Posted by Vdubbugbabe
Hi,
My long term boyfriend and I are wanting to move to gib, his parents live there and we have visited many of times, he wants to become a resident but I dont. I want to travel to and from gib to uk as much as I like, due to my family in uk, we want to get married this year but his dad has told us that if we are married I will become a resident too and will not have the freedom to go to uk as and when I like, I would be bound to the 90 day rule?? I can't seem to find any answers on the net, I was hoping somebody here would know?
Any help or advice would be great
Many thanx
Bug x
What 90 day rule
Gibraltar isn't Spain, it's a British overseas territory

"The UK originally regarded Gibraltarians as British Overseas Territories citizens. In 1981 Gibraltarians successfully campaigned against this classification under the British Nationality Act, which would have deprived them of the right of abode in the UK, along with other colonial subjects. This was partly due to Gibraltar's status as part of the then European Community (now European Union). As a result the Gibraltarians acquired the right to register as full British citizens."

If you live in Spain, Gibraltar or the rest of the EU you can go to the UK as often as you want to ..... freedom of movement