Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Moving to bulgaria??

Moving to bulgaria??

Old Dec 7th 2009, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

serio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to bulgaria??

Okay guys what are the facts about moving to Bulgaria as there seems to be alot of false information about?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Moving to bulgaria??

What no responses??
Old Dec 8th 2009, 4:10 pm
Banned

JimDavid1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont really know anything, but ive spoken to someone in the past who retired out there, and he said the place is beautiful and peaceful...

But i guess everyone has their own opinion...
Old Dec 8th 2009, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JimDavid1972
I dont really know anything, but ive spoken to someone in the past who retired out there, and he said the place is beautiful and peaceful...

But i guess everyone has their own opinion...
Do you know anything about purchasing property/ starting a business??
Old Dec 9th 2009, 8:43 am
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

Dont buy property in corrupt countries!
Old Dec 9th 2009, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Mastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant futureMastiche has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by serio
Do you know anything about purchasing property/ starting a business??
Why Bulgaria?
Old Dec 13th 2009, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

mathewimanuel is an unknown quantity at this point

SUre I live there , here for 3 years, its hard, but has better opportunities for us than the UK. IE buying a house and land, farming.

BE prepared for looking like a Rich man. I have never been rich I earn at most the average wage here yet because I am english . Their is much expectation to pay for things and expensively.

THe above is miserable,,really robberys and all sorts happening, but apart from that, I find the country and its people better than the uk.

we are alos trying to build green that is another hardship that is against normal currents you can see here
<link removed>

Last edited by meauxna; Dec 14th 2009 at 4:52 pm. Reason: please don't post to promote your site; review the rules for link policies
Old Dec 14th 2009, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

it is a corrupt country but I think of itlike if the UK can tax you £200 a year for drivig on the road and here you can get a whole year for £25 bear in mind other things like bread and milk are the same price UK i.e about £1 then isnt government tax just as corrupt.

It is known to bung the local police for getting away with it?

Now ive said that then what do you want to know?
Personally I think the UK is terrible, france is quite nice, Spain not bad, Germany was bad for police harrishment, Hngary seemed nice, Romania was like a bad dream so many poor old people walking hitching down the roads, then Bulgaria about the same as Spain but less tourists were we live. There is so much to tell.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mathewimanuel
it is a corrupt country but I think of itlike if the UK can tax you £200 a year for drivig on the road and here you can get a whole year for £25 bear in mind other things like bread and milk are the same price UK i.e about £1 then isnt government tax just as corrupt.

It is known to bung the local police for getting away with it?

Now ive said that then what do you want to know?
Personally I think the UK is terrible, france is quite nice, Spain not bad, Germany was bad for police harrishment, Hngary seemed nice, Romania was like a bad dream so many poor old people walking hitching down the roads, then Bulgaria about the same as Spain but less tourists were we live. There is so much to tell.
Anything would be interesting, starting a business, to moving there perminantly because the UK is seriously U.C.K.E.D especially after the election beacause who ever gets in will have to raise taxes ludicrously high .

I don't mind learning a foreign language if I have to.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

Do you have some sort of regular income or will you be looking for work/start a business in Bulgaria?

If you have a pension or some sort of income than for some it is good but if you have to rely on finding a job or starting a buniess it is an entirely different matter something that personally I would not do.

Where about are you thinking of buying? coast, mountain, south BG or Sofia area?

If you are thinking of buying in the mountain like Veliko area are you prepared for seriously cold winters? We are talking -20 on a regular basis

If you are thinking of buying be careful lots of dodgy agents out there and same having a house built. Also it looks very appealing buying house for peanuts and you get the old chestnut that with £5k you can do a house up from top to bottom. That might just about buy you double glazing and maybe something else but not much more than that

If you are looking at a doing a house up do you know trustworty builders? (lots of cowboys both Brits and Bulgarians).

99% of people will see you as rich, all foreigners are considered rich so costs go up

Your best bet is to buy a rennovated house from expats that way you can see what you are buying

if there is anything else you would like info on re coast area Burgas pm me

Last edited by clint; Dec 16th 2009 at 2:21 pm.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

Seems my first message magiclly appeared,

i replied once then It disapeared I checked it then replied again when it was missing, i am really not so interested in this thread .

However I strongly advice anyone that realizes that UK is Caput that you find an alternative country fast. Good question if you have a regular income?

Best do what your good at?

I affirm again yes Bulgaria is corrupt but consider paying 25£ for a years tax on your car. IT goes on and on this argument.... this argument....Is not it obvious the biggest Mafia in the World is the bloody governments and monarchys. Atleast the local mafias are not so power mad and greedy.

Sorry to bring the bad news read the bible if your worried.

Afterall it the time to celebrate the Birth of the Christ.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by clint
Do you have some sort of regular income or will you be looking for work/start a business in Bulgaria?

If you have a pension or some sort of income than for some it is good but if you have to rely on finding a job or starting a buniess it is an entirely different matter something that personally I would not do.

Where about are you thinking of buying? coast, mountain, south BG or Sofia area?

If you are thinking of buying in the mountain like Veliko area are you prepared for seriously cold winters? We are talking -20 on a regular basis

If you are thinking of buying be careful lots of dodgy agents out there and same having a house built. Also it looks very appealing buying house for peanuts and you get the old chestnut that with £5k you can do a house up from top to bottom. That might just about buy you double glazing and maybe something else but not much more than that

If you are looking at a doing a house up do you know trustworty builders? (lots of cowboys both Brits and Bulgarians).

99% of people will see you as rich, all foreigners are considered rich so costs go up

Your best bet is to buy a rennovated house from expats that way you can see what you are buying

if there is anything else you would like info on re coast area Burgas pm me
I'm not looking to live in the mountains, I'd like to live in were there is electricity but not necessarily in the city.

I would consider starting up a business but it worth about 20,000 pounds at the moment but I would be able to increase this if I didn't have to pay rates and there might be a chance of employing a couple of locals, by the way what's the wage in bulgaria??

What's the postal system like??
Old Dec 16th 2009, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

It really depends what sort of business you are thinking of. Most expats have been setting up in the property related market, either property management etc but to be honest there are too many already and with the property market the way it is everywhere there is not that much milage in that.

Wages are very low depend on type or work 600/700lev is a good wage (that works out about £300) a month.

The problem is that I presume you have no knowledge of Bulgarian it is not the easiest language to learn therefore setting up a business even harder. There is an expat community main split between Veliko (mountain) area, coast Varna & Burgas, Yambol area if it is popular with Brits because is a lot cheaper than the coast (it is about about 1 and half hour from Burgas). Roads are not that great and in winter with snow/icy condition a 5 minute journey can take ages. The climate near the coast is milder in winter we only had a couple of weeks each winter of -20

There are a lot of things you need to consider when looking for property setting up a business (the red tape is a nightmare) for instance Varna airport used to be open all year round but it is now closed in winter Burgas was the opposite. If you are looking at buying in villages near a main city you need to look at many things:

1) Make sure it is not a Gipsy village you will never sell that property again
2) Don't assume you get the same facilities as UK, there is no mains gas (usually only in bigger cities) landline it is not available everywhere so it is internet (unless you go for either mobile connection or sat).
3) In most villages you don't get post delivered you will have to go to post office to collect. Postal system is not at all good lots of stuff gets "lost"
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by clint
It really depends what sort of business you are thinking of. Most expats have been setting up in the property related market, either property management etc but to be honest there are too many already and with the property market the way it is everywhere there is not that much milage in that.

Wages are very low depend on type or work 600/700lev is a good wage (that works out about £300) a month.

The problem is that I presume you have no knowledge of Bulgarian it is not the easiest language to learn therefore setting up a business even harder. There is an expat community main split between Veliko (mountain) area, coast Varna & Burgas, Yambol area if it is popular with Brits because is a lot cheaper than the coast (it is about about 1 and half hour from Burgas). Roads are not that great and in winter with snow/icy condition a 5 minute journey can take ages. The climate near the coast is milder in winter we only had a couple of weeks each winter of -20

There are a lot of things you need to consider when looking for property setting up a business (the red tape is a nightmare) for instance Varna airport used to be open all year round but it is now closed in winter Burgas was the opposite. If you are looking at buying in villages near a main city you need to look at many things:

1) Make sure it is not a Gipsy village you will never sell that property again
2) Don't assume you get the same facilities as UK, there is no mains gas (usually only in bigger cities) landline it is not available everywhere so it is internet (unless you go for either mobile connection or sat).
3) In most villages you don't get post delivered you will have to go to post office to collect. Postal system is not at all good lots of stuff gets "lost"
Any ideas on where to setup a business, where t is resonably okay??
Old Dec 17th 2009, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

M8 if you come to vratsa you ll be alright. People are ok here the country folk are a little slow and set in there ways but friendly and patient with language. The city folk too are mostly friendly always really just some more busy than others.

But they are quite tough in business. They dont back down from price easy!

I dont know you from Adam but if you come to Vratsa I help you find help. I know where you can find a flat for 200 lev a month and buy a house for 10000.

setting up companys is now a con for buying property buying land. but even so we set one up for about 500euros until we discovered it was not needed.

Maybe if you say what you have in mind. But I advocate the Bulg its great where you from?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.