Montenegro

Old May 8th 2009, 10:47 am
Just Joined

yozhek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Montenegro

Hello all, i'm new here, a Dutchman currently working in Kazakhstan. Looking for an alternative place to move to when I finish my current job. Very much interested in Montenegro (inland), currently thinking/browsing Niksic area.

Can anyone update me on the current situation regarding foreign policy, economic world crisis influence on local situation. Good/bad time to buy, and so on and so on....

I've read through the entire thread and find it very interesting, so hoping to get some up-to-date information!

Kind regards,
Jeroen
Old May 16th 2009, 10:32 am
Just Joined

stevenjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any expats living in Montenego?

hi jeroen
its a excellent time to buy for cash buyers plenty of bargains especially away from the coast, old houses with land in fact im just doing another one up overlooking skadar lake, have you looked there its a beautiful place, theirs been many changes regarding foreigners buying two many to mention on here, if you are down this way anytime i can give you a number to ring for good advise ive been working in Montenegro for 6 years so ive seen many changes, regards steve
Old May 19th 2009, 11:30 am
Just Joined

yozhek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any expats living in Montenego?

Hi Steve, thanks a lot for your message.

I have one particular area of interest that I haven't seen too much info about as well. Are most of you guys living there as "official resident" or travel in and out every 90 days?

I am not too desperate to be taxed in my native country and the possibility to officially be registered in Montenegro would suit me very well.

Also, last point, what is the best way forward (being resident) with health care. Do you take a private health care insurer? Any suggestions, and any rough estimates how much this costs?

Thanks again for all help!
Jeroen