Montenegro.

Old May 30th 2007, 10:35 am
Banned

magicpixi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Montenegro.

[QUOTE=BODGE71;4848667]where are you going? coast or inland?[/QUOT

I will be visiting relatives and they will take me to the main places,they are inland I guess when I was a kids my father went 13 times and took me six times . My mother was from montenegro, we used to travel all over the then country, but I am going back to have a good look at montenegro.My sister never went as a kid but visited tivat this febuary said it was so picturesque.
Old May 30th 2007, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

BODGE71 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=magicpixi;4850425]
Originally Posted by BODGE71
where are you going? coast or inland?[/QUOT

I will be visiting relatives and they will take me to the main places,they are inland I guess when I was a kids my father went 13 times and took me six times . My mother was from montenegro, we used to travel all over the then country, but I am going back to have a good look at montenegro.My sister never went as a kid but visited tivat this febuary said it was so picturesque.
it's a nice place to look at - rough around the edges though. we're in Igalo, near Herceg Novi. Am taking my car this year so that i can take a good look around the country and also see relatives in Serbia. One place which i wanted to see last year but didn't have the time to visit was Durmitor. hope i don't need a 4x4 to see the place. Tivat,Kotor, Herceg Novi, Budva, Ulcinj are all best viewed from above on the surrounding hills - the views are spectacular.

enjoy your hols. hope it lives upto expectations.
Old May 30th 2007, 11:24 am
Banned

Thanks, I am looking forward to go as the last time I went I visited when I was 14 am a bit older now !!!!!...............I visited my grandmothers village back then in kosovo,she had beautiful viniyards and all cobbled sreets I flew to croatia & my uncle drove down to serbia, but back then it was all yugoslavia, it has confused me all the changes AS I still refer to it as that, my mother was born in tivat , but we used to drve all over the place, Split was lovley we went to dubrovnik, the kirka falls were stunning great for a long day out .It will always be a part of my life even though mum isnt around any more, I cant wait to see again where she came from, and take my kids and husband to show them.
Old May 31st 2007, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

BODGE71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by magicpixi
Thanks, I am looking forward to go as the last time I went I visited when I was 14 am a bit older now !!!!!...............I visited my grandmothers village back then in kosovo,she had beautiful viniyards and all cobbled sreets I flew to croatia & my uncle drove down to serbia, but back then it was all yugoslavia, it has confused me all the changes AS I still refer to it as that, my mother was born in tivat , but we used to drve all over the place, Split was lovley we went to dubrovnik, the kirka falls were stunning great for a long day out .It will always be a part of my life even though mum isnt around any more, I cant wait to see again where she came from, and take my kids and husband to show them.
It's been a long time since i visited Split, but i visited Dubrovnik a couple of years ago. it's a beautiful city. i wouldn't like to go to Kosovo at the moment though as it's so unstable.

Yeah, it's a pity that Yugoslavia broke up but that's life i suppose. It just increases the hassle of having to cross multiple broders where once there weren't any. Am planning to go into Bosnia this year as well as i've hardly seen that corner of the world. heard it's a beautiful place.
Old May 31st 2007, 4:26 pm
Banned

The kosovo my nan lived at was dfferent from the main big kosovo, wierd I know !,.but there is another kosovo..I remember my dad always telling me this as I kept thinking she was from the big kosovo.........she lived up in the mountains well I hope you enjoy all you can see in and around serbia..........best wishes

magicpixi
Old Nov 11th 2007, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

CoastAndCo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BODGE71
... if you get an architect on the coast, it'll be pretty expensive e.g am currently in the process of getting a house built in Igalo (the other side of Herceg Novi compared to Meljine - next to the Croatian border). preliminary plans cost £600 - for a few drawings of the building from a few angles and the floorplans. that's expensive to me (partly my fault for not thinking about what i was doing).
Hi BADGE71
I have just found this forum and, although I'm not ex-pat, I have registered here only to ask you for a favour: I need a service of proper chartered (licensed) english speaking architect in the area of Herceg Novi. I live in London but have a small property with potential in Montenegro.

Rules are pretty strict here, if not awkward: this is my second attempt to place the post and I'm not sure if I'll do it this time. Besides, they don't let private messages "to members with more then 3 posts" So I am confused in how do I get in touch with you if I need to.... here is my e-mail: <snip> removed email to save you getting spam, they can contact you by clicking on your username. jdr
Thanks to all

Last edited by jdr; Nov 12th 2007 at 6:36 am.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

TanyaN is on a distinguished road

There is a company in Herceg Novi called Datum Montenegro. You can check out their website for all the contact details.

For a fee they can do all your paperwork in regards to building permission etc and put you in contact with a good architect.

I've used them myself and find them the most knowledgeable and professional people I've come across here. It's worth paying a bit extra initially to get the proper information instead of wasting time and money with people who just string you along but really have no idea. Been there, done that.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

CoastAndCo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default thanks

Originally Posted by TanyaN
There is a company in Herceg Novi called Datum Montenegro. You can check out their website for all the contact details.
Thanks for the clue. Their website lists lots of services- feels like western-like management. Also I highly appreciate your recommendations on how to avoid too much disappointment with architects and authorities in Monty, which is frankly never easy wherever you go. I have some relevant east-europe experience- so no rosy expectations. The advantages the country may offer are obviously worthy a little of troublesome efforts.