Montenegro.

Old Jun 12th 2006, 12:25 am
Just Joined

philxyz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Montenegro.

Hi. I am considering buying a bar/cafe/bistro near the sea in Montenegro but can't find any for sale on the internet. Any suggestions or comments anyone? Thx.Phil.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

TanyaN is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Montenegro.

Originally Posted by philxyz
Hi. I am considering buying a bar/cafe/bistro near the sea in Montenegro but can't find any for sale on the internet. Any suggestions or comments anyone? Thx.Phil.
Best option is to walk around the area you're interested in and ask the locals.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 8:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TanyaN
Best option is to walk around the area you're interested in and ask the locals.
Thx. Any idea why none r advertised ? U see plenty in Croatia Bulgaria etc. Which would u say is the most culturally interseting city by the sea? Phil.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Thx. Any idea why none r advertised ? U see plenty in Croatia Bulgaria etc. Which would u say is the most culturally interseting city by the sea? Phil.
I have seen some advertised but seem to be selling commercial premises rather than a business. I've really got no idea what the legal ins and outs are re buying a business.

Herceg Novi, Kotor and Budva are the most interesting towns but all 3 are overrun by bars. Don't know if you can earn a living running one as full tourist season only lasts for 2 months of the year.
Old Jun 12th 2006, 11:45 am
Just Joined

I have seen some advertised but seem to be selling commercial premises rather than a business. I've really got no idea what the legal ins and outs are re buying a business.

Herceg Novi, Kotor and Budva are the most interesting towns but all 3 are overrun by bars. Don't know if you can earn a living running one as full tourist season only lasts for 2 months of the year.
I/m thinking more of a cafe/bistro than a bar.Maybe the tourist business will pick up in the future. Maybe I could cater for the growing ex-pat sector. U r in Herceg Novi, yes? How long have u lived there? Would u recommend it?
Old Jun 12th 2006, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

I/m thinking more of a cafe/bistro than a bar.Maybe the tourist business will pick up in the future. Maybe I could cater for the growing ex-pat sector. U r in Herceg Novi, yes? How long have u lived there? Would u recommend it?
The expat community isn't big enough to sustain that kind of business all year round.

I've been in Herceg Novi since November and the tourist season hasn't even kicked in yet.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 5:17 am
Just Joined

The expat community isn't big enough to sustain that kind of business all year round.

I've been in Herceg Novi since November and the tourist season hasn't even kicked in yet.
I better come and have a look later in the summer . Can u tell me where I might get v. cheap accom./flight? Thx. Phil.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

I better come and have a look later in the summer . Can u tell me where I might get v. cheap accom./flight? Thx. Phil.
BA flies direct from Gatwick to Dubrovnik but it's not cheap during the summer. You can get a bed in someone's garage for 10 Euros a night.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

BA flies direct from Gatwick to Dubrovnik but it's not cheap during the summer. You can get a bed in someone's garage for 10 Euros a night.
Thanks. Will the garage have room service? Speak again soon. Phil.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

But : why ?
Even in biggest tourist attractions/cities on nearby Croatian coast ( v. v. much busier and more visited ! ) , this kind of bar might only get properly busy about 6 weeks of peak summer ...and a liitle busy for a few weeks just before and just after that ! Come end of September , forget it/lock it up : until Easter , or May , next year !...
Old Jun 14th 2006, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray51
But : why ?
Even in biggest tourist attractions/cities on nearby Croatian coast ( v. v. much busier and more visited ! ) , this kind of bar might only get properly busy about 6 weeks of peak summer ...and a liitle busy for a few weeks just before and just after that ! Come end of September , forget it/lock it up : until Easter , or May , next year !...
Thanks Ray. That's given me pause for thought.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Ray. That's given me pause for thought.
Ray is right. There aren't enough expats to earn a living from and locals don't have money to spend on eating out.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

Ray is right. There aren't enough expats to earn a living from and locals don't have money to spend on eating out.
Ok. Thx. I'll think again.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

collectorsinfo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,to everyone, I am new here & hope someone can help? I am trying to find out some info on the phone system in Montenegro. We would like to think about purchasing a property there & have tried all over the nett to see what the availability of a 1-2 meg (or more) connection is? It would be important for the running of my business whilst staying there if we decided to purchase. Has anyone seen any maps detailing the coverage of broadband this in Montenegro. Or would somone know the websites of the phone companys out there.

Many thanks

Chris.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

BODGE71 is an unknown quantity at this point

TanyaN - what do you do in Herceg Novi? run a business, retired? am currently in the process of building a house in Igalo.

Philxyz - Croatia airlines are cheap, and the service is very good. London/Manchester to Dubrovnik. there is a bus service from Dubrovnik to Herceg Novi, but if you plan to go for a week or two i'd hire a car if i were you from Dubrovnik airport. Europcar are the cheapest by far and the service is good. book it in the UK though, as it's at least a third cheaper than booking it in Croatia/croatia website.

you can get a real room (not a garage) for as little as 5 Euro's a night - and that is for the room, not per person.

Collectorsinfo - you can get broadband (upto 2Mb at the moment i think) but it's a bit more expensive than the UK. here's the link: http://www.telekom-cg.com/default_eng.aspx
drop them an e-mail with any questions - they speak good english

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.