MEET UPS

Old Oct 4th 2013, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice
Default MEET UPS

Ourslovenia used to have a section for meeting up. Could not see one so here goes. Hope I have not messed up threads as I am a bit of a dinosaur .
Felt a little down and also wanted to celebrate being married to Gill for ages and ages so booked in the last hour to come for a few days over the weekend and into next week.
Anyone about, in LJUBLJANA , Kamnic , KG , Rado.... .??

Will monitor site . Best to all, M
Old Oct 6th 2013, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Sir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really nice
Default Re: MEET UPS

Originally Posted by M AND G
Ourslovenia used to have a section for meeting up. Could not see one so here goes. Hope I have not messed up threads as I am a bit of a dinosaur .
Felt a little down and also wanted to celebrate being married to Gill for ages and ages so booked in the last hour to come for a few days over the weekend and into next week.
Anyone about, in LJUBLJANA , Kamnic , KG , Rado.... .??

Will monitor site . Best to all, M
Dear Dinosaurus Michaelis,

I fear that - after a flurry when OurSlo closed - there are so few posts on this board these days that, far from starting a separate section for meet ups, the Slo section itself might be closed down for lack of use. (I hope not, but that is the owner's perogative, of course.)

I think a post somewhat like yours would suffice should any of us like to get together - but unlike yours - it should give DATES rather than the vague "this weekend", and best of all, why not put said dates in the titel?

Fraid we will not be able to discuss the latest in sword steels, axe heads and shield technology as I'm likely to be in a fellow Slavic country when you visit. (although it's still not clear to me WHEN you are visiting :

HlFL
Old Oct 10th 2013, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

We would be up for a meet up before the snow falls, after that it wont be till spring. As HIFL says need dates.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

Sorry guys, watch with date on had 'broken' , phone out of charge, knew anniversary date was in the following week, just booked ticket, in panic, assumed the immediacy of the site as previous was enough to indicate it was here and now! Hoped Adele would spot as going to her town ......
Still we came, we enjoyed great but simple food in Slo and took in Venice again.

Meeting up with you again my old jousting chum would have been mead in the jug or icing on the cake as they now (?) say. I need to come again this month or early next so I might make a pilgrimage to see the Boos unless the heavens have dropped Adele's favourite.

I appreciate what you say about the forum and Mike and Janet , (not M & J who also were on Ourslo) were such regular posters.
Currently we don't have the time to post daily or be prime movers and we don't live in Slo but hopefully the section will continue - or did I miss something and people 'moved' elsewhere whilst we were off the line !!??
Kindest to all G & M
Old Oct 12th 2013, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Unlikely to be able to meet up .....just tried to book Stanstead Klagenfurt , our favourite route and it looks as if it closes on November 5th. Cannot book after that date.
Did I miss something whilst I was away ? Googled it but could not find anything about RyanA**** ceasing this route.
Any info, are they adding a route to another 'local' destination ??
Regards Michael
Old Oct 26th 2013, 1:50 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Its a shame its quieter on here than before, it was developing into a busy section .... no plans to close it down, but maybe we could encourage those that were here to post more regularly
Old Oct 26th 2013, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

SloJohn is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its a shame its quieter on here than before, it was developing into a busy section .... no plans to close it down, but maybe we could encourage those that were here to post more regularly

Glad to hear you are not closing Slovenia down! How to get more posts is the million dollar question. I fear many folk have defected to Facebook while interest in Slovenia has dwindled recently. I think a lot of the traffic on the Our Slovenia site was driven by property speculators who have taken to the hills Even the well to do sorts like M&G with money connections in the big smoke seem to have lost the the plot! He's probably too bust with the Round Table or Masons

It would be interesting to know how many people look at the Slovenia section? Do you Admin Gurus have some figures please?
Old Oct 27th 2013, 11:31 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SloJohn

Glad to hear you are not closing Slovenia down! How to get more posts is the million dollar question. I fear many folk have defected to Facebook while interest in Slovenia has dwindled recently. I think a lot of the traffic on the Our Slovenia site was driven by property speculators who have taken to the hills Even the well to do sorts like M&G with money connections in the big smoke seem to have lost the the plot! He's probably too bust with the Round Table or Masons

It would be interesting to know how many people look at the Slovenia section? Do you Admin Gurus have some figures please?
I'm not sure of the figures, but they would almost certainly be distorted by spambots etc. On a forum there may be for instance 1000 people logged on, but actually 5000 browsing as guests :-)

Facebook is good for what it is, but it never quite substitutes for a good forum where you can store information and use for much more
Old Oct 27th 2013, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

Yes it is a shame but it does look like Facebook has taken over...
And it is very annoying because as you say Mitzyboy its neary impossible to retrieve information!
Old Oct 27th 2013, 12:48 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by booboo24
Yes it is a shame but it does look like Facebook has taken over...
And it is very annoying because as you say Mitzyboy its neary impossible to retrieve information!
Well, I use Facebook but I also frequent the forum .... theres nothing to say we can't do both :-)
Old Nov 6th 2013, 11:32 am
kjn
Just Joined

kjn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
We must make more effort to post on the forum. Just enjoyed a great 60th birthday party in Slovenia. Referring to an earlier posting re flights we now always travel Wizz from Luton to Lju. Much cheaper than Easijet and generally very reliable. If you are a regualar traveller join their discount club for annual fee of 29.99 Euro and you are guaranteed a minimum of 10 Euros off every flight you book. You can also book as many seats as you wish as long as you personally are on that flight.
Will endeavour to post more frequently
KJN
Old Nov 13th 2013, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Oh how wrong Slojohn is.
Just because I am in marketing that could be that I run a market stall - a market trader ?
Well no but Sir Harry knows the score.....
When my ship comes in I will sail to Slovenia. Best to all and thanks for the larf as we used to say up north. Still must dash to draw a barth, catch a buzz and press the busser when I need to alight at Harrods.
Chin chin, M
PS hope to meet up sometime with what is left of the old brigade.