Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Marriage in Greece....

Marriage in Greece....

Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:59 am
Just Joined

koukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant future
Question Marriage in Greece....

...and residing there afterwards...

Hi,

I'm sort of new and lurk a lot

My boyfriend (Greek citizen) and I (USC) are talking seriously about marriage after his military service and I have searched high and low for any information I can get. ..and there isn't much out there.

I am aware we are able to do a DCF filing and come back to the U.S. but we are considering the possibility of staying in Greece for 2-3 years after getting married. I am wondering what sort of requirements we need to meet for me to apply for and receive a resident permit after we are married. ..financially, etc. if any. Or if it is as simple as just applying for one and since we are married that is that. I find that hard to believe..

Thank you,

Kristen
Old Oct 9th 2004, 6:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage in Greece....

Originally Posted by koukla
My boyfriend (Greek citizen) and I (USC) are talking seriously about marriage after his military service and I have searched high and low for any information I can get. ..and there isn't much out there.
Yia, koukla

What are the odds of turning up not only someone who married in Greece & stayed a couple of years but also now lives in PDX?

Here I is.

I've got all the details for your marriage license requirements at home; will be happy to share when I'm back there in a couple of days.

Same for the Greek residency permit. It *is* as easy as that and some $$ (I'll have to find my interview post to share...it's a scream). Card is good for 5 years work and live. Patience is the main requirement Even the DCF back to the States wasn't too much. Took us 33 days, but that's been a bit now.

Did you go to the panayiri at Holy Trinity last weekend? Took me right back....

You can email me through the forum if you like; I'll look forward to hearing from you!
meauxna
Old Oct 10th 2004, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

koukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant future

Yia, Meauxna!

Wow! I would say the odds are incredibly slim! ..very small world! I only got a chance to go Sunday eve. to the festival, but the music and smells and atmosphere.... I loved it!

Thank you so much for replying, and I am very interested to hear your experiences... I will send you off an email just as soon as I am not running out the door (late) for work.

Thanks again

Kristen
Old Oct 10th 2004, 7:59 pm
Desert spaces

Becs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud of

Greece is the best country in the world !! Enjoy it.

Take care,

-Becs