British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Europe (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/)
-   -   Lousy Expat forum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/lousy-expat-forum-238045/)

lynnxa Jul 7th 2004 1:32 pm

thought of that georgia - but then it would seem like it was taking over - I've got much better things to do

nado - tomo el sol - tomo vino;)

ironporer Jul 7th 2004 1:55 pm

Originally posted by xabiachica
thought of that georgia - but then it would seem like it was taking over - I've got much better things to do

nado - tomo el sol - tomo vino;)
Joer xabia, te has vuelto spanish!! Next thing you'll be playing cards at the cafe, drinking your carajillo, copa and smoking a "Faria".

chrispartern Jul 7th 2004 2:51 pm

there was a here4good or something or other on one of the forums that signed

tab

Anyway why not take your continuing arguing back to your own site or don't you want all the hassle and grief there ? You prefer that to be a place to **help** people ?

Anyway they edit posts here so carrying on wasting your time if you wish silly girls

georgia42 Jul 7th 2004 4:21 pm

Chris why does it bother you what we say? and our posts have not been moderated cos they are fair.
You seem to have a real bee in your bonnet about women, are you single? wouldn't surprise me, how do you know we are girls, might be pensioners, we have every right to post our comments, as you do, so be quiet

georgia42 Jul 7th 2004 4:23 pm

Just another point, Alan J started this thread yet seems to get no critiscism from you, is it because he is a man

lynnxa Jul 7th 2004 5:54 pm

Originally posted by ironporer
Joer xabia, te has vuelto spanish!! Next thing you'll be playing cards at the cafe, drinking your carajillo, copa and smoking a "Faria".
si, es un buen idea, me gusto mucho el carajillo, pero no fumo.

feel free to correct the spanish - I've only been learning a few months

lynnxa Jul 7th 2004 5:54 pm

Originally posted by georgia42
Chris why does it bother you what we say? and our posts have not been moderated cos they are fair.
You seem to have a real bee in your bonnet about women, are you single? wouldn't surprise me, how do you know we are girls, might be pensioners, we have every right to post our comments, as you do, so be quiet

hear hear

ironporer Jul 7th 2004 6:33 pm

Originally posted by xabiachica
si, es un buen idea, me gusto mucho el carajillo, pero no fumo.

feel free to correct the spanish - I've only been learning a few months
No hay nada que corregir, lo has dicho/escrito perfectamente. A few more months and you'll seem "nativa".

lynnxa Jul 7th 2004 6:38 pm

No hay nada que corregir, lo has dicho/escrito perfectamente. A few more months and you'll seem "nativa".

trouble is I've got so many more tenses and hundreds of verbs to learn:scared:

Rete Jul 7th 2004 6:51 pm

Originally posted by chrispartern
there was a here4good or something or other on one of the forums that signed

tab

Anyway why not take your continuing arguing back to your own site or don't you want all the hassle and grief there ? You prefer that to be a place to **help** people ?

Anyway they edit posts here so carrying on wasting your time if you wish silly girls

Yes, British Expats is a moderated forum. But moderated with a very open mind and posts are only edited or deleted after a complaint has been issued and/or the vulgarity or subject matter is such that it violates even the most jaded among us and/or interudes on another's personal information and posters can be banned if they fail to behave in a manner befitting an adult.

The edit to this thread dealt with the editing of personal information at the request of the person involved. The post itself, in its entirety, remains for all to see and respond to.

Rete

lynnxa Jul 7th 2004 7:57 pm

my 8 year old daughter is having some extra spanish lessons at my school - she's doing stuff I haven't yet:(

chrispartern Jul 8th 2004 8:08 am

Of course Rete you carry on. You are doing an excellent job. There must be 1000's of companies out there wanting to cough up dosh to display banner adverts on pages carrying their drivel.

As it happens it is pretty easy for anyone to work out the identity considering the same person posts pretty much the same on lord knows how many forums and makes no attempt to hide the name.

But who cares, they are only housewives with nothing better to do

Won't waste anymore of your time will let you get back to your important job of moderating as there must be lots of stuff needing it done. Hope they pay you well, (well) relative to the status of the job :D

georgia42 Jul 8th 2004 8:28 am

What's wrong with housewives???????, you don't like anyone do you.

sibsie Jul 8th 2004 12:15 pm

Blimey all this bickering reminds me of why I hated expat life in Spain!

Rete doesn't get paid to moderate. She's mainly in the US Marriage based immigration sections and has her hands full with that.

lynnxa Jul 8th 2004 3:33 pm

Originally posted by chrispartern
Of course Rete you carry on. You are doing an excellent job. There must be 1000's of companies out there wanting to cough up dosh to display banner adverts on pages carrying their drivel.

As it happens it is pretty easy for anyone to work out the identity considering the same person posts pretty much the same on lord knows how many forums and makes no attempt to hide the name.

But who cares, they are only housewives with nothing better to do

Won't waste anymore of your time will let you get back to your important job of moderating as there must be lots of stuff needing it done. Hope they pay you well, (well) relative to the status of the job :D

why would I - or anyone else - want to hide their identity - if we have nothing to hide?

& what is wrong with posting on several sites on the same subject - particularly if you are looking for advice or information?:confused: