Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking to speak to other Brits who have or are moving to Bulgaria!

Looking to speak to other Brits who have or are moving to Bulgaria!

Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

britishexpatlady will become famous soon enoughbritishexpatlady will become famous soon enough
Default Looking to speak to other Brits who have or are moving to Bulgaria!

Hi, I am interested in talking to other British Expats who have either moved to live in Bulgaria? or are considering moving to Bulgaria and who have lots of questions they would like answering! I have lived in Bulgaria since 2008!

So any of you who would like to know what it is like to live here just ask!
Old Jan 15th 2011, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Rural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really nice
Default Re: Looking to speak to other Brits who have or are moving to Bulgaria!

Originally Posted by britishexpatlady
Hi, I am interested in talking to other British Expats who have either moved to live in Bulgaria? or are considering moving to Bulgaria and who have lots of questions they would like answering! I have lived in Bulgaria since 2008!

Have lived in Bulgaria since 2006. Now split time between Bulgaria and France.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishexpatlady

How is Vidin these days? I've pretty much decided against living in Bulgaria but will probably go there for visits when I get my place in Hungary.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Rural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really niceRural Bulgaria is just really nice

Originally Posted by fidobsa
How is Vidin these days? I've pretty much decided against living in Bulgaria but will probably go there for visits when I get my place in Hungary.
Where about's in Hungary are you buying? Don't know Hungary well but we drive through every now and then when we leave Bulgaria. Don't blame you for not wanting to live in Bulgaria. It is great for holidays and a few months at a time, but can drive you mad any longer than that!
Old Jan 17th 2011, 8:21 am
Just Joined

britishexpatlady will become famous soon enoughbritishexpatlady will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fidobsa
We have lived here since 2008 and life here is peaceful we have met some british here and life is better here than in the UK thats for sure!
Old Jan 17th 2011, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thetravelbug
Where about's in Hungary are you buying? Don't know Hungary well but we drive through every now and then when we leave Bulgaria. Don't blame you for not wanting to live in Bulgaria. It is great for holidays and a few months at a time, but can drive you mad any longer than that!
I've not chosen a house yet but it looks like I will be in Zala county. There are some Brits there already and the house prices are low, though not as cheap as Bulgaria. You can get a village house with bathroom for about £15,000 and they generally seem better constructed than the ones in Bulgaria. The most difficult aspect of Hungary seems to be the language. They use the Roman alphabet but the language itself is pretty much unique. I think even words like taxi and hotel are completely different to any other language. It should be slightly cooler than Bulgaria in summer but much the same as Bulgaria in winter with perhaps a bit less snow. I'm told there is less corruption and problems with Roma than you get in Bulgaria. Apparently the country is not over-run with stray dogs either.
I get the impression that in communist times the Hungarians tried to avoid the worst aspects of Russian domination and always kept on reasonable terms with the west. This is understandable, given their geography.