Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Looking for Friends

Looking for Friends

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Barbara Dodds is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Looking for Friends

Hi I live in France just across the border from Geneva in Switzerland. My husband works in Geneva. I am looking to make more friends possibily in the area of Pays de Gex in the Canton of Ain 01. Maybe even to start up a coffee morning club once a month for example. I am 49 have 3 children aged 21,19 and 18. A dog aged 18 months. My hobbies are cross stitch, encaustic art, decoupage with paper napkins, stencils, paint effects and teaching arts and crafts. I am a fully qualified Adult Education Teacher. I hope there are other wives like me out there how might like to meet up.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Exclamation

I guess no one is interested then. Obviously not even to chat on this page. Nice to know so many people have others to count on!
Old Mar 11th 2004, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn Adams will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Looking for Friends

Originally posted by Barbara Dodds
Hi I live in France just across the border from Geneva in Switzerland. My husband works in Geneva. I am looking to make more friends possibily in the area of Pays de Gex in the Canton of Ain 01. Maybe even to start up a coffee morning club once a month for example. I am 49 have 3 children aged 21,19 and 18. A dog aged 18 months. My hobbies are cross stitch, encaustic art, decoupage with paper napkins, stencils, paint effects and teaching arts and crafts. I am a fully qualified Adult Education Teacher. I hope there are other wives like me out there how might like to meet up.
Hi Barbara
Sorry, I didn't reply as I think we will be moving back to the UK for work at the end of the month. However, I did mention your post to another acquaintance who lives in the Creuse - too far away to pop in for a cuppa but maybe she will be interested in having a chat by email or on the phone. I'll be visiting her this Saturday, so if you'd like to send my your email address, I'll pass it on to her.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Cool

Hi Dawn
Thank you for replying. Yes that would be very nice to hear from anyone round about, thank you.
Have a good trip back and I hope all goes well.
Best wishes
Old Mar 15th 2004, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn Adams will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Barbara Dodds
Hi Dawn
Thank you for replying. Yes that would be very nice to hear from anyone round about, thank you.
Have a good trip back and I hope all goes well.
Best wishes
Hi Barbara
I spoke to Rachel on the weekend and she seems quite pleased at the idea of swapping emails. She only has 10 hours a month internet time, so you won't find her hanging around forums.

I will send you a private message with Rachel's email address. I'm assuming you know how to access your private messages, but if you don't then write to me at [email protected]