Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

LOBBY YOUR EMBASSY! If you feel being part of the European Union is important to yo

LOBBY YOUR EMBASSY! If you feel being part of the European Union is important to yo

Old Aug 27th 2015, 6:50 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LOBBY YOUR EMBASSY! If you feel being part of the European Union is important t

Originally Posted by GeniB
So your contribution was? what exactly?
An anvil and wild coyote......
Old Aug 27th 2015, 7:09 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LOBBY YOUR EMBASSY! If you feel being part of the European Union is important t

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
An anvil and wild coyote......
surely wile coyote???
Old Aug 27th 2015, 9:40 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
surely wile coyote???
Thats the one... You can add Road Runner
Old Aug 28th 2015, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

You sound pretty Cynical CS...Noones ever going to get your vote type.? Worlds full of them

Have another pint,surely the football's on by now?
Old Aug 28th 2015, 10:15 am
Quien no sabe

You sound pretty Cynical CS...Noones ever going to get your vote type.? Worlds full of them

Have another pint,surely the football's on by now?
I don't watch football so I wouldn't know if it's on....

The UK is not going to leave the EU because it will reopen Scotland and Wales going it alone issue again. imho and I suspect if it did happen part of the negotiated exit would deal with displaced expats.

After a referendum on the subject you wouldn't just wake up and not be part of Europe the Government would then decide to do something with the result and if that was to lead to leaving then a negotiated exit would commence in Brussels.

Personally I think all of this will lead to reforms within Europe as the Greek situation is a excellent catalyst for this.

Lobbying an Embassy is just an exercise in futility...
Old Aug 28th 2015, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

I don't watch football so I wouldn't know if it's on....

The UK is not going to leave the EU because it will reopen Scotland and Wales going it alone issue again. imho and I suspect if it did happen part of the negotiated exit would deal with displaced expats.

After a referendum on the subject you wouldn't just wake up and not be part of Europe the Government would then decide to do something with the result and if that was to lead to leaving then a negotiated exit would commence in Brussels.

Personally I think all of this will lead to reforms within Europe as the Greek situation is a excellent catalyst for this.

Lobbying an Embassy is just an exercise in futility...
I have mentioned on other posts the 'futility' of predictions! Yet so many like you are totally confident they are right. The Americans checked the results of famous predictions over a number of yrs and found that 100% of them did not come true. We have been 'caught out' time and again of late with events that have overtaken us ,rather than been planned. or predicted. I feel NOT letting your Embassy know how you feel ,whether futile or not is tantumount to giving those in power carte blanche to do as they please.As you feel totally confident that Mr Cameron has it in the bag.please feel free not to make your voice heard.Thats democrscy after all
Old Aug 28th 2015, 6:02 pm
Quien no sabe

I have mentioned on other posts the 'futility' of predictions! Yet so many like you are totally confident they are right. The Americans checked the results of famous predictions over a number of yrs and found that 100% of them did not come true. We have been 'caught out' time and again of late with events that have overtaken us ,rather than been planned. or predicted. I feel NOT letting your Embassy know how you feel ,whether futile or not is tantumount to giving those in power carte blanche to do as they please.As you feel totally confident that Mr Cameron has it in the bag.please feel free not to make your voice heard.Thats democrscy after all
I really don't know where to start with a post like that...
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I really don't know where to start with a post like that...

Well -your predictable at least
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 9:47 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I have mentioned on other posts the 'futility' of predictions! Yet so many like you are totally confident they are right. The Americans checked the results of famous predictions over a number of yrs and found that 100% of them did not come true. We have been 'caught out' time and again of late with events that have overtaken us ,rather than been planned. or predicted. I feel NOT letting your Embassy know how you feel ,whether futile or not is tantumount to giving those in power carte blanche to do as they please.As you feel totally confident that Mr Cameron has it in the bag.please feel free not to make your voice heard.Thats democrscy after all. .....
Under which part of a British embassy's mission of representing Britain, protecting British interests, promoting trade with Britain, and helping British citizens in distress, do you suppose that collecting and forwarding meanless petitions falls?
Well -your predictable at least
Unlike your spelling, grammar, and punctuation!
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Under which part of a British embassy's mission of representing Britain, protecting British interests, promoting trade with Britain, and helping British citizens in distress, do you suppose that collecting and forwarding meanless petitions falls?

Unlike your spelling, grammar, and punctuation!

Oh pleeeeze Pulaski (SUCH a British name?) Such a childish reply.Ever heard of STUPID American predictive text?I have totally given up on all three of your 'pedantic' objections.If you find standing up snd saying 'I don't like or agree with this' too much for your erudite brain.Then 'simples' DON'T
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 12:26 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Oh pleeeeze Pulaski (SUCH a British name?) Such a childish reply.Ever heard of STUPID American predictive text?I have totally given up on all three of your 'pedantic' objections.If you find standing up snd saying 'I don't like or agree with this' too much for your erudite brain.Then 'simples' DON'T. .....
I am all in favour of speaking up about things I disagree with or object to but I would only do so where my voice is going to be heard and my opinion might make a difference. Given that you're advocating sending petitions to embassies which are really nothing more than government offices run by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, maybe you should also send your petitions to other government departments. .... How about the Department of Agriculture, the Ministry of Defence, and the DVLC?

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 3rd 2015 at 12:28 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I am all in favour of speaking up about things I disagree with or object to but I would only do so where my voice is going to be heard and my opinion might make a difference. Given that you're advocating sending petitions to embassies which are really nothing more than government offices run by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, maybe you should also send your petitions to other government departments. .... How about the Department of Agriculture, the Ministry of Defence, and the DVLC?
:

Why not? Fortunately ex-pat friends in Spain are taking this seriously and have written to David Cameron,plus their Embassy. They have all had replies (as have I )Their letters are being passed on to the Foreign Office. Meanwhile Mr Cameron has altered one or two questions on the Referendum Form.In order to get a NO reply it seems? Democracy at work heh.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

:

Why not? Fortunately ex-pat friends in Spain are taking this seriously and have written to David Cameron,plus their Embassy. They have all had replies (as have I )Their letters are being passed on to the Foreign Office. Meanwhile Mr Cameron has altered one or two questions on the Referendum Form.In order to get a NO reply it seems? Democracy at work heh.
Looks like Mr C has run into a little opposition to his trying to fiddle with the Referendum.Got a total drubbing in parliament yesterday.To our benefit? Who knows? They seem to think it's a private game they are playing
Old Sep 8th 2015, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

As the people who forced the changes are the people who are trying to get Britain OUT of the EU, I would have thought you a bit more supportive of Mr Cameron.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
As the people who forced the changes are the people who are trying to get Britain OUT of the EU, I would have thought you a bit more supportive of Mr Cameron.
Sorry I swing the other way Biggles I think leaving the EU would be a disaster for the UK. Unless those 'numpties' (of all parties) can come up with a concrete and credible plan-on paper .to persuade me otherwise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.