British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Europe (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/)
-   -   Leuven (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/leuven-447713/)

davesmithsrm May 5th 2007 2:56 pm

Leuven

Hey there...

I moved from Derby, UK to Leuven in Belgium in November 2006 for work and enjoy it so much have decided to move lock & stock.:D

Is there anyone else around the Leuven area .. although Leuven has alot of "foreigners" living here, i havent met many fellow brits...:(

Anyway, my company are sorting my contract as an ex-pat, which i believe is the best way to proceed for tax reasons and then i got to find a place to rent :huh: (am currently in the company apartment F.O.C)

So, hello to all ... and if you are in or about Leuven, let me know and i would like to say hi :thumbsup:

Mitzyboy May 6th 2007 2:21 pm

Re: Leuven

Welcome to the forum Davesmithsrm :)

RachelR Jun 16th 2007 7:08 pm

Yeah, I've been studying at KUL since September and will be here for another year, until July 2008. Not around over the summer though - back to Blighty after exams to see friends!

Often hear British voices in Stapleton's when it's packed out for the football, but don't know how many of them are Leuven residents and how many are just passing through. It's difficult to tell.

davesmithsrm Jun 17th 2007 8:23 pm

hi Rachel, thanks for the post. Yes i have found Stapletons for the football .. used to go to Time Out, but that closed down now. :)

Let me know when you are about ... i'm very generous with drink buying

RachelR Jun 17th 2007 8:35 pm

It's a shame; their burgers (veggie ones, in my case!) were amazing!

You won't hear a peep out of us students until next weekend, at least. I don't finish 'till 27th.

Until then, I'm not here, I'm not procrastinating... I'm revising, honest!

Ray51 Jun 18th 2007 10:56 am

Originally Posted by davesmithsrm (Post 4741387)
Hey there...

I moved from Derby, UK to Leuven in Belgium in November 2006 for work and enjoy it so much have decided to move lock & stock.:D

Anyway, my company are sorting my contract as an ex-pat, which i believe is the best way to proceed for tax reasons and then i got to find a place to rent :huh: (am currently in the company apartment F.O.C)

So, hello to all ... and if you are in or about Leuven, let me know and i would like to say hi :thumbsup:

Hi , I am in Brussels ;
going on holidays next week , maybe we can be in touch after summer ?
Cheers !

davesmithsrm Jun 25th 2007 11:06 am

Originally Posted by RachelR (Post 4928222)
It's a shame; their burgers (veggie ones, in my case!) were amazing!

You won't hear a peep out of us students until next weekend, at least. I don't finish 'till 27th.

Until then, I'm not here, I'm not procrastinating... I'm revising, honest!

Rumour has it that someone was looking over Time Out at the weekend to buy it and re-furb ..... watch this space :)

Brecht G Aug 23rd 2007 10:47 am

Hi...

I've lived in Leuven for all my life. Although I'm not British, it is always nice to meet new people... Especially in my home town! I'm very curious about your migration experiences. My GF and I are moving to Australia somewhere next year. So we have an entire migration ahead of us. If you'd like to meet up and talk about Leuven or whatever, just let me know...

Brecht

Brecht G Aug 23rd 2007 11:10 am

Originally Posted by RachelR (Post 4923148)
Yeah, I've been studying at KUL since September and will be here for another year, until July 2008. Not around over the summer though - back to Blighty after exams to see friends!

Often hear British voices in Stapleton's when it's packed out for the football, but don't know how many of them are Leuven residents and how many are just passing through. It's difficult to tell.

Apparently, the KUL is what's holding Leuven together :D. I'm working on a PhD project at the university. What are you studying, Rachel?

SKIPPI79 Aug 25th 2007 11:37 am

seeing that most of you work or study at KUL, most of you would have had lunch from my place in Leuven!
Heard of the pinky??? across from the train and bus station? if not, don't worry bet you heard of the sex shop then???? thought so. We're next door.
Anyone want to meet up in Leuven for a beer???
pm me and we'll arrange something

davesmithsrm Aug 27th 2007 6:43 am

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79 (Post 5233900)
seeing that most of you work or study at KUL, most of you would have had lunch from my place in Leuven!
Heard of the pinky??? across from the train and bus station? if not, don't worry bet you heard of the sex shop then???? thought so. We're next door.
Anyone want to meet up in Leuven for a beer???
pm me and we'll arrange something

Ah yes, the sex shop opposite the station .... i mean, oh, yes Pinky's ... :o

Seriously not noticed it, but i do drive there everyday on the way to/from work on the industrial park in leuven to herent - will look out and pop in for a bite to eat.... :thumbup:

p.s. always up for a beer as well, what footy is on this week. ? - i am currently in istanbul with work, flying back tonight (mon).

KeithG Apr 13th 2008 8:46 am

Originally Posted by RachelR (Post 4923148)

Hi, Another Brit new to Leuven interested in meeting up with others

Keith

bardine Apr 16th 2008 9:06 pm

HI i live near brugge so if anyone wants to meet up near me id be glad to finaly talk english again lol
we should arrange a britts night out!! yay!!
xx:thumbsup:

Godzirra Apr 20th 2008 7:50 pm

Hi all,

I'm a part Cestrian, part Scouse Welshman now living in Leuven with my Finnish girlfriend, and who is also in need of meeting more Brits in and around the area - especially if you support Liverpool! I spend a bit of time in Stapes and a bit of time in Ron's because I like to hear the British/ Irish accents and because they're the only places I know of in Leuven where I can get a pint of cider :p

If anyone wants to chat on MSN, drop me a private message with your addy and i'll add you!

-James (and Anniina)

KeithG Apr 27th 2008 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Godzirra (Post 6238941)
Hi all,

I'm a part Cestrian, part Scouse Welshman now living in Leuven with my Finnish girlfriend, and who is also in need of meeting more Brits in and around the area - especially if you support Liverpool! I spend a bit of time in Stapes and a bit of time in Ron's because I like to hear the British/ Irish accents and because they're the only places I know of in Leuven where I can get a pint of cider :p

If anyone wants to chat on MSN, drop me a private message with your addy and i'll add you!

-James (and Anniina)

Not heard of Ron's is that in LEuven

Keith