Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Leaving UK with dept to EU country

Leaving UK with dept to EU country

Old Sep 8th 2016, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

Youngmoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leaving UK with dept to EU country

Hi there I have about 6K ON credit cards and have been made redundant I can't afford to pay my rent and cant find well paid job, low paid job is not an option as I am already behind on my rent and all firs salary would go out on rent food and I would end up with nothing for month but still gotta go work... I decided to go to live in Prague (where I emigrated from ten years ago )as there are people who can give me roof and food till I start making money again...I would love to go bankrupt be 4 I leave but can't afford what shall I do stay and become homeless or run?my main worry is if I recover and eventually buy little flat that they would come aftere me. Another concern is possibility of coming back to the UK...

Last edited by Youngmoney; Sep 8th 2016 at 4:04 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 4:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving UK with dept to EU country

Speak to your credit card issuers, they can be quite flexible about payments under hardship circumstances, but if you run and default it could haunt you for a number of years if you returned to the UK.
Old Sep 9th 2016, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving UK with dept to EU country

Go o the Citizens Advice Bureaux in your nearest town and ask their advice about dealing with your debt. As the UK is still in the EU (for at least the next two yrs) reciprocal agreements remain in place ie your debt will follow you. .You do not want to get on the wrong side of the law. especially if you want to return at some future date.