British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Europe (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/)
-   -   Jehova Witness's (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/jehova-witnesss-265960/)

pwwm Nov 11th 2004 7:24 pm

Jehova Witness's

There we are in the middle of rural Spain, well 6kms from coast, but nevertheless, still away from any other Brits, and who manages to find us. Yes you have seen the title line, we are one of very few Brits living in this small town and to find us they had to climb a rather long steeo hill, but they found us, I blame it on the husband who was painting the house outside at the time. Oh and they were British, bit of a lost cause around here I am afraid. :rolleyes:

sibsie Nov 11th 2004 8:59 pm

Re: Jehova Witness's

I got knocked by Spanish Jehova Witness' in a little village just outside Denia. I understand there's a few British ones in Javea. Watch out Xabiachica!

saltamonte Nov 11th 2004 9:41 pm

I live in Alcoy (50km. inland from Alicante)and there's a Jehova's church here where they all congregate.On a couple of occasions,I've had mormons knocking on my door as well.They get everywhere-just like us English I suppose! :scared:

pwwm Nov 12th 2004 12:42 pm

Oh well, just have to await the next lot, not seen a mormon for years though, since we live way back in Hove in the 70's. :scared:

DanMarsden Nov 12th 2004 2:10 pm

Uhh, where did my reply go...? :confused: :confused:

joto Nov 12th 2004 2:23 pm

If I saw any religous looking groups coming along our street in the UK, I used to put on my jacket, and when they came to the door, I just said I was just going out and I didn't have time to talk. They didn't hang around then.

saltamonte Nov 12th 2004 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by joto
If I saw any religous looking groups coming along our street in the UK, I used to put on my jacket, and when they came to the door, I just said I was just going out and I didn't have time to talk. They didn't hang around then.

I never went to those extremes; I used to let 2 Rottweiler dogs out into the garden for a while when I got the drift that "shady" people were around.They soon buggered off :scared:

PBC_1966 Nov 12th 2004 9:01 pm

I have a friend who just uses the line "No thanks, I'm a blood donor." ;)

lynnxa Nov 13th 2004 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by sibsie
I got knocked by Spanish Jehova Witness' in a little village just outside Denia. I understand there's a few British ones in Javea. Watch out Xabiachica!

the mormons already found us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ophelia Nov 14th 2004 2:08 pm

I don't know what it is about wandering religious people trying to get poor sods to convert and me, but they always hassle me. When I lived in Edinburgh I got no end of random people coming up to me on the street inviting me to their private bible discussion groups, churches and god knows what... I thought I would have escaped it here in Sweden but last week when I was waiting for the bus this little old woman came up and asked me if I liked to read and then started waving religious broschures in my face. I told her I wasn't interested, she muttered something about me being doomed and then wandered off. Nice!
Ha ha, it just reminded me of this guy in Edinburgh who used to wander around with a sandwich board on with things like "sinners repent", "the end is nigh" bla bla bla written on. Whatever the weather, he was there. It's all very tragic in a way.
I just wish they would quit bothering me!

pwwm Nov 15th 2004 2:02 pm

Nice to know I am not the only one to be bothered in remote area's, have heard there is a covern in Motril. Not sure what the Spanish think about them. The two that came here are here on holiday. They plan to be here half the year, will have to set my cats onto them next time!!!!!
:eek:

Ophelia Nov 15th 2004 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by pwwm
Nice to know I am not the only one to be bothered in remote area's, have heard there is a covern in Motril. Not sure what the Spanish think about them. The two that came here are here on holiday. They plan to be here half the year, will have to set my cats onto them next time!!!!!
:eek:

Ha ha. I don't know whether it's possible to train cats but it would be good if you could. Try to attach small red horns on their heads as well. That should freak them out and have them running out of Spain asap.

pwwm Nov 15th 2004 7:48 pm

It is quite a thought, might have to think about making hats for the cats, with horns as suggested, picture the fact I have four young cats living outside but they do actually follow me everywhere,I think living with dogs has confused them, but picture them with horns running down the road after me!!!!
probably frighten my Spanish neighbours let alone the JW's.
:D

Calvi Nov 17th 2004 9:02 am

I was on a sail boat in the summer in Corsica and thay were up and down the key!

:scared:

Calvi

pwwm Nov 17th 2004 3:19 pm

Hi Calvi

Just seems that they manage to creep out the woodwork wherever you might be, would not think there is room in Heaven for anymore converts!!!

Pat :cool: