Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Information for foreigners in Slovenia

Information for foreigners in Slovenia

Old Aug 12th 2014, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Sir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really niceSir Harry le Fise Lake is just really nice
Default Information for foreigners in Slovenia

Ho chaps and chappeses,

I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but I've just found a site for anyone wanting to stay in SI for more than pure tourism purposes.

i confess the words "Interior Ministry" sound foreboding to many of us ("Home Office" is so much more user-friendly, don't you think?) - but anyway, here it is.

Informacije za tujce

Whether it all works the way thesy say it does is another matter ...... HlFL
Old Aug 19th 2014, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice
Default Re: Information for foreigners in Slovenia

Hi Harry old bean. Thanks for the info and just had a quick look at the site. Seems OK and a reasonable recourse for info.

Anyway just read a book entitled "Accent to the European Stars"... Slovenia's path towards the european onion.(ok union). Thankfully in is in English.
Form an orderly queue outside my house if you want to read it !
Is everyone still pleased they said yes to the referendum?

Hope to be in the promised land next weekend if I can book a car ferry tomorrow.
Any recommendations Sir H but we will go to KG area, LJ and Kamnik.
Could take a trip to try and get some cases of wine. I think we will travel in a multipurpose vehicle (car van type) so will have some real space. Can we bring back some olive trees ? Trieste seems to have some good examples.
Let me know where to go for some of your favourite good reds although the London Slovenian wine tasting a couple of years back has given me some indication.
Best to all, M & G
Old Aug 19th 2014, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

M AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really niceM AND G is just really nice

Sorry about typo, this American iPad changes stuff !
M
Old Aug 24th 2014, 9:23 am
Just Joined

24digital24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sir Harry,
Thanks for this link.
There is a lot of interesting basic information and i have booked marked it for future reference.
Having just got back from a cold wet holiday in Slovenia its nice for once to see the sun shinning in England.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hi 24/24 in Sloland at the moment and had 26 degrees yesterday in Planica and Tamar valley.. Great walk to the Dom Tamar and we spoke to 4 people in total on the whole trip. bliss. After the hoards in Lake Garda at the weekend. Today at a friends in the lake that comes and goes - Cerknica area.
Lovely day, sun and 22 degrees with blue sky?
Was going to meet up with Sir H to see Vlado Kreslin but his steed or something meant he could not travel the hard leagues and we had to cancel going.
Hope to get some wine today to bring back as we drove late last week and have space to back haul..
Nobody or few tourists anywhere in SLO and it is still August.
Cannot see the screen for the sun so sorry of spelling errors etc
Cheers, M & G
Old Aug 28th 2014, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

24digital24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks M&G,
Must change my holidays to the same weeks as you next time. Glad the weather is starting to improve as told its been bad all summer and it was horrendous whilst I was there. Its a shame to see all the tourist spots so empty.
i might go back and spend more of my money if the weather improves and see the nice autumn colours in the Alps and buy more of their wine.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

In Medina in Brda.......wow what a day. It's like Chiantishiire. Sir H knows all the wineries , pity he was a no show. I have tried of a good few as they came to London to exhibit a few years back.
Trying the wine early this morning as we come back this weekend and have to decide quickly ! Wine at 8.15 English time is a touch early for me but just have to suffer for the long term good.
Must get to the next one so cheers , M & G
Old Aug 31st 2014, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

The wettest summer have ever experienced here. Its been grey, damp and wet, reminds me of home
Old Aug 31st 2014, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Just got back ........easy drive through the night with clear roads contrary to expectations. It really poured down though for lots of the drive which made it tricky.
We were so lucky last week with good sun. 30 degrees in Trieste area on Friday. Everyone was saying how bad the weather had been since May.....wettest and worst since 1967!?
More of trip later if I can .
Cheers, Michael